Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tippmann x7 phenom flatline trouble

londonboii

Feb 15, 2014
London
Hi, I am having trouble getting my flatline to shoot straight consistently, it's all over the place.

A bit of a backstory as it may help narrow down my problem or what I need to do to improve my accuracy. I'll do it in simple point by point style so it's clearer how I came to this situation (hopefully)

Got x7 brand new.
Attached a c02 tank and tried firing (I know now this was a bad idea)
Marker leaked and froze up, removed tank after about 5 minutes and 50 shots.
Took it apart and everything seemed ok, greased etc.
Attached an air tank
Marker leaked air, badly.
Checked internals and replaced a few damaged seals (4 gas line seals were gone)
Marker stopped leaking
chrono showed FPS was not at all consistent, up and down and all over the place
Still played a few games, but shots were all going everywhere except straight and not at all far
Looked up a few forums etc and decided to buy a flatline
Fitted flatline
Shots still not at all accurate or straight, even over very short distance.

Anyone have any suggestions on what could be the problem?

Is it that the flatline just isn't as good as promoted? I've read a bit on them and people seem to say getting the velocity right is important. Could it just be the inconsistent velocity is causing the flatline to shoot all over the place? What could cause the inconsistent velocity? All the seals seem ok, so I'm not sure what could cause this. The velocity was bouncing up and down between 230 and 280 FPS.

Apart from the flatline, everything on the marker is standard.

Any help and advice appreciated.

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
Paint quality makes a tremendous impact on accuracy, so that is significant factor

But to be clear... is the issue that irrespective of the barrel used? Trying to narrow down your issue...

londonboii

Feb 15, 2014
London
It could be that the issue isn't barrel related, but I have only tried the standard and flatline with the flatline improving the accuracy but it's still way off.

It's completely random, shots left right up and down. The stock barrel was definitely worse.

londonboii

Feb 15, 2014
London
I was at holmbush so the paint they sold at the walk on.

Not sure but may have been Stirling?

I'm new to paintball so don't know much about paintballs etc but some others said the balls were crap but I wasn't get breaks etc, just wonky shots.

My friends markers, one an x7 with apex 2 seemed to shoot them ok, as did a bravo one, it was just mine that shot poorly and only I had the issues at the chrono settling the FPS.

alexd

Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
So to summarise
Same maker with different barrels had the same velocity and accuracy issues
Same paint was used by others and didnt seem to have the same issues

So through a process of elimination your marker seems to be the likely cause. Have you watched the Tippmann Channel on YouTube for Marker strip down and servicing. you also mentioned this was new, have you contacted them? Also Tippmann support is very good, you can contact them as well

londonboii

Feb 15, 2014
London
Yeah I've stripped it down and serviced it as they suggest etc. I think it may be a seal gone that I haven't spotted, so might just get the kit and replace them all.

Do you think a damaged seal or two could cause the velocity to go up and down so much and that that could possibly cause the balls to go all over the place?

Is a seal the most likely cause of that?

I will contact tippmann and see what they say, I may also stick the barrel on my mates marker and see how it performs on his, then I'd know for sure it's my marker.

alexd

Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
Is your X7 electro or mech? If electro worth changing the battery to decent one

With the FPS inconsistencies at the chrono, it would suggest that they internals are not sealing. The CO2 would have swelled the orings, so you may just need to replace them all

I would strip down completely, and re-lube. Reg, valve, bolt following the Tippmann vids. There is also an oring in the powertube that is hidden, make sure you check that as well. You should expect to replace everything given you would have swelled all the orings!

Where did you buy the marker from? Maybe they could help...