Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tips for getting started in Paintball

Niall Burgess

Feb 21, 2014
Thanks OP, great help. I also like the positive attitude towards 2nd hang gear. There is lot of great deals to be had :)
Yeah the problem is getting all the messages in so i can post up my gear, got some really nice starter gear ready to sell. yeah after 10-20 games you can think about whether you want to progress.

pallett88

Heavy as a really heavy thing
Jul 20, 2015
Colchester
Thanks Rat and everyone else who posted, going to learn a lot here and hopefully meet some new pals to ball with.

S2thet

Aug 9, 2015
Great post I wish there was a group newbies could look at and spk to ballets near there area. Seems robe midlands or London mainly

Jay Wilko

Platinum Member for Life
Aug 19, 2015
Wigan
That's quite a good guide, I'm currently starting out myself with a few friends, so will hopefully be looking at markers soon. Any tips on the bottles? Is their much difference between air and co2?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
That's quite a good guide, I'm currently starting out myself with a few friends, so will hopefully be looking at markers soon. Any tips on the bottles? Is their much difference between air and co2?
For air or co2 your choice is dictated by the site you will play at

At a purely rental site you are likely to find they run co2
So no point in getting an air cylinder
Also not a lot of point in getting a co2 cylinder. You may as well borrow from the site
But you also cannot use a number of guns that cannot run on co2
And if at a rental site you'll find yourself paying rental prices

If the site caters for compressed air then that is the way to go. Only a few old school guns are better off on co2
They will typically supply at 3000psi so by default go for a normal aluminium 3000psi cylinder at about £30. When you know your personal requirements and preferences you will know if it's worth you going for a fibre wrap at about £150

Jay Wilko

Platinum Member for Life
Aug 19, 2015
Wigan
Right ok, il speak to the owner of the site we play at and see what they prepare but I'm sure they supply both so I'm guessing air is the better to choose?

Jay Wilko

Platinum Member for Life
Aug 19, 2015
Wigan
Yeah they did mention they would need to bring a compressor on site and as its a few years old they may not get the compression the same as if it was co2