Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

Tips for getting started in Paintball

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Rat, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Grapevine New Member

Grapevine
    Message Count:
    Hi, I am looking for a team also, I have my own gear although am getting pretty old now and not as fast as I once was. I would be happy to be an extra player on a team that has a full squad and then train and if I get a shot on the field go from there. I have played a few games before and would like to play again.

Thebandit likes this.
  2. Zackie Tran New Member

Zackie Tran
    Message Count:
    I would recommend for budget people to have look on our website and many Facebook paintball UK B/S/T. They will find so many bargain and surprise

Thebandit likes this.
  3. Maxwell1209 Member

Maxwell1209
    Message Count:
    This was really helpful thank you very much XD

4. Thebandit New Member

Thebandit
    Message Count:
    Hello folks. New here lol. I see on youtube that they play loads of scenario games on large plots of land with buildings etc, was wanting to ask if the UK hosts tournaments like these and how can one become involved :)

5. Luke Dreelan New Member

Luke Dreelan
    Message Count:
    The closest thing that i know about this kind of stuff is probably the woodland masters which from what i know of (haven't played) is one of the bigger tournaments/leagues in the UK in the woodland/scenario scene the best way to get involved would be go down to a walk on at your closest field and ask around for teams that play in it or even form your own with friends.

Thebandit likes this.
  6. Thebandit New Member

Thebandit
    Message Count:

7. Thebandit New Member

Thebandit
    Message Count:
    Thanks Luke Dreelan, i have played with Delta Force and Mayhem, both really enjoyable and fun but i think the scenario scene would be epic. Next time i go Mayhem i will ask the guys working there :)

8. Luke Dreelan New Member

Luke Dreelan
    Message Count:
    Not a problem i believe Mayhem run walk on's so next time you are down there ask the staff or check their site there is usually loads of people at walk on's that would be happy to talk to you about teams and tournaments and most will have spare kit that they don't mind lending out if it is needed.

Thebandit likes this.
  9. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    In UK Paintball you have the choice of:

Punter play any weekend at Delta Force and independent sites etc

Walkons once a month if they run then at independent sites etc

Sup air/speedball / tournaments roughly monthly during the season at participating sites

A limited number of Woodland tournaments such as the woodland masters

Scenario format games, some of which are ‘big game’ events such as NvS, Paintfest etc which are generally once a year per event
    Scenario choice peaked a few years ago with a flooded calendar throughout the year but still has some solid events running

MagFed format games, which may be strict on definition or loose on definition preferring limited paint than absolute magfed

Games can be run in classic woodland, some dedicated urban areas such as old army/raf bases and some unique venues for one off/occasional games

There’s choice out there to suit most wallets and interests

Luke Dreelan and Thebandit like this.