Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
Again it's mostly down to player choice
what you can afford
what you like the feel of
etc

Tommika put it better than I ever could, I think his posts ought to be added to the original Stickies.

>humantarget<

Oct 14, 2012
Probably not realy necessary these days. But it depends on how you shoot

Shelf is better then basic gravity
Agitated is better then basic gravity
Shelf and agitated are arguable - at least with shelf you can be guaranteed the battery will never go flat
Force fed is better then all of the above - but how much value the difference is worth is up to you

If you can bear to have no paintball fed ready on occasion then a gravity hopper will do you fine, and I recommend a shelf hopper to minimise not having one ready
If you absolutely must have a paintball ready for every shot then force fed is the answer

Cheers Tom, them last two paragraphs really helped, especially put in so simple laymans terms.
As i only play for fun and am still getting into the sport I think ill leave the force feed style alone and look at agitated and shelf.

>humantarget<

Oct 14, 2012
I feel stupid for asking, as Tommikka has written lots of info on tanks, but im still a little foggy on air tanks.
Will a 4500psi fire the balls more powerfully than a 3000. Or does it mean it can hold more shots? If its the latter does that mean an 0.8l 4500 tank be the same as a 1.1l 3000 tank.
(stop laughing and please be kind to me):)

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
Basically 3000 or 4500 PSI is how much air the tank will hold.

Most sites refill to 3000 psi but some do refill to 4500.

IMO I'd buy the 4500 PSI tank purely as it gives you the option for an extra 1500 psi refill should you get the chance.

Edgyv2

On the field your my enemy off it your my friend
Jun 15, 2013
Middlesbrough
Hi im new to the paintballing scene and thank you for letting me join this site i have a feeling im going to learn alot while here...
i first got into paintball through a friend in sweden who said had i ever seen or watch paintball my ovious answer was no i had never seen this sport..
so he mentioned to watch the psp webcast one day and from then on i was hooked, then for my birthday my friends sent me his old ego7 with a vlocity jr hopper a total suprise i must add which made my birthday a whole lot better :)
so now i have to try and find a reasonal priced air tank looked on ebay but can never get one i bought a jt flex 8 mask red and i need to get some playing clothes too..!!!

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
Welcome to the forum Edgy, if you start a new thread introducing yourself and get stuck in and involved with the forum you will soon gain access to the classifieds area.

also have a look around on the links at the bottom of each page, each store is great customer care and usually has some good offers on the go.

Edgyv2

Jun 15, 2013
Middlesbrough
Ok thanks rat is thier any perticular places i should be looking for ? ie wanting to join a team and gear ? sorry its still all new to me!!!

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
well my suggestion would be
start yourself a new post in this "Newbies" section, Introduce yourself. how old you are, where you live, if you can drive or not etc.
and what kit you may already have.

then in other areas of the forum, there is page on teams looking for players. now in my opinion, I'd buy what gear I can afford for training/playing in, and then when you join a team you may be required to buy the same gear as the rest of them. BUT. for the sake of playing you've got a marker, and loader, get yourself a Mask and an Airtank and your ready to play at your nearest walkon/scenario or whatever game. you can get away with wearing combat trousers or whatever. Then if/when you join a team you can get the gear they require you to wear.

Or if you want. once you've bought your mask and air tank.
a simple jersey and pair of playing pants gloves and battle pack from the classifieds or whichever brand you prefer will see you kitted out and ready to go but Mask and safety first. This option will let you play whenever you like, will have you padded and geared up and also means you can play most types of paintball but not be tied to a particular team.

Kit doesn't make anyone a good player, the player is as good as he practices, so you can practice your snapshot at home in front of the mirror, your break outs or what have you.

But my advice. Mask first, and then your Airtank and then playing gear.
Places like Just Paintball, LIPS, WARPED, are all great places to go to. Have a look further down the page and click on their websites and have a scroll through. there is also a pgae on Shops and locations . If your lucky enough to have a store nearby to you. then pop in if you can, try things on, get a feel for comfort and see what takes your fancy.

hope this helps

Edgyv2

Jun 15, 2013
Middlesbrough
Thanks again Rats i have a mask its a flex 8 so all i need is a tank and playing gear.