Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tips for getting started in Paintball

BaconDude

Rawr.
Dec 3, 2010
High Wycombe
It's not really worth going into, as there is no point in setting up your own site.

Where are you based? If you can get to bricket wood which is off J21a on the M25 then just show up with some basic gear (can get cheap stuff on these forums) and say youre new. You'll get lumped in with some guys and you'll learn fast.

basktm

Dec 14, 2010
somerset
Whats the best way to get in a team? Just go down and ask or practice, practice.
If i was to have permission of some land. What kind of insurance do i need
Thank you
hi mate, look through here and find a team close or quite close to you.

http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?141128-Comprehensive-UK-Team-List-2011

get in contact and ask if you can come and train or come to a training session, they will let you know everything you need. Also help you with info on gear and such, if your lucky they may let you play and loan some bits to try.

ScottH

Jan 9, 2012
Blackpool
Thanks for the Info, good read :)

Just getting started, will be doing a few general days to get the feel of it then going to a bigger event in a few months!

Scott

Jim Jam

Dusty's #1 Fan!
Jan 4, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
This has really helped me guys, as im new to the sport but thanks for it im hoping to get paintballing at a walk on real soon any advice ? would be very much appreciated. :)

Xalchs

Jan 7, 2012
Nice thread :D but I've heard that some sites don't let players use tanks over 3000psi? Also as for a marker i've recently purchesed an Etek as i got some advice saying that the gun is a good starting gun that can be used in both scenario and speedball, is this true?

BaconDude

Rawr.
Dec 3, 2010
High Wycombe
Nice thread :D but I've heard that some sites don't let players use tanks over 3000psi? Also as for a marker i've recently purchesed an Etek as i got some advice saying that the gun is a good starting gun that can be used in both scenario and speedball, is this true?
Tanks over 3000 PSI: False. What you heard was probably that they don't fill tanks to 4500.

Etek can be used in woodsball and sup-air, correct.

Reactions: Xalchs

GIN93R

Apr 20, 2013
Hi everyone ive just joined this site and im learnt a lot for reading this thread i've just come out the army and was missing the buzz until i went paint balling for the first time 2 weeks ago and really loved it so today i treat myself to a Dye i4 and a Dye rotor hooper im looking at getting an invert mini and a 1.1 gi sports tank so than i can go to walk ons is this a good route to take?

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
Hi Gin
My Opinion would be to buy your tank first and then go to walk ones with what you have and ask to try out various markers and get a feel for what you like.
If you've already tried the Mini and liked it then by all means go ahead.
It's all down to preference at the end of the day.
Some scenario players have their marker set ups to look like M4's and so on, whereas things like the Mini/tournament guns tend to stay colourful and non weapon looking.

all down to choice.

GIN93R

Apr 20, 2013
thanks rat :) at the minute i dont know what i like e.g scenario.woodland or speed ball so im going to try it all i think :)

i live near point blank and enjoyed it there could anyone tell me anywhere else in North Yorkshire?
thanks