Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tips on buying equipment

taiyou123

May 24, 2016
Lymington,Hampshire
Hi, I have played paintball once with a rented marker, I have been wanted to play again since. Recently, I finally decide to start playing it and possibly become an amateur player. There are lots of equipment for paintball and I have heard that the first item to get is goggles. I have found goggles online which is the JT Proflex LE 2.0 for £60, I have heard good reviews about it. Is it a good goggles to get? And what is the next gear that I need to get?(hopper, apparel, pods, tanks)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Hi, I have played paintball once with a rented marker, I have been wanted to play again since. Recently, I finally decide to start playing it and possibly become an amateur player. There are lots of equipment for paintball and I have heard that the first item to get is goggles. I have found goggles online which is the JT Proflex LE 2.0 for £60, I have heard good reviews about it. Is it a good goggles to get? And what is the next gear that I need to get?(hopper, apparel, pods, tanks)
Goggles - they are good but you don't know if they are you without trying them on
Try to get to a walkon, event, shop if you're ever near one

As your profile says you're in lymington then go to ambush botley when there is a walkon or super5ives tournament event / training.

Next super5ives is in early June
https://m.facebook.com/Super5ives/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/156069474503692/

See what's happening, meet people and chat about their gear

See what you like and what styles of paintball take your fancy

Goggles are most important to be comfortable for you

Gun, hooper, air (3000psi aluminium)

Pods and something to carry them (pod belt, vest etc)

Clothing can just be baggy trousers, t shirt or hoody, combats or 'proper paintball clothing'

Footwear should give you ankle support - good boots for the woods
Tournament footwear is likely to be cleated football boots to match the ground you will play at

Reactions: taiyou123

cheffy81

Jun 26, 2012
Goggles - they are good but you don't know if they are you without trying them on
Try to get to a walkon, event, shop if you're ever near one

As your profile says you're in lymington then go to ambush botley when there is a walkon or super5ives tournament event / training.

Next super5ives is in early June
https://m.facebook.com/Super5ives/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/156069474503692/

See what's happening, meet people and chat about their gear

See what you like and what styles of paintball take your fancy

Goggles are most important to be comfortable for you

Gun, hooper, air (3000psi aluminium)

Pods and something to carry them (pod belt, vest etc)

Clothing can just be baggy trousers, t shirt or hoody, combats or 'proper paintball clothing'

Footwear should give you ankle support - good boots for the woods
Tournament footwear is likely to be cleated football boots to match the ground you will play at
You cant go wrong with this advise your mask is the most important piece of kit if it doesnt fit properly it will proberbly interfere with the game or make you un comfortable.
good luck and happy balling

Reactions: Ak47Eleven

smudgerebt

Rockin VIP Cocker, So-Manc E1, LV1
Apr 19, 2014
Near Stockport
Yup, go to a shop or a site with a shop and try them all on.

Its handy for me that Factory Paintball in Stockport is just down the road and I always go and try on a mask etc before buying to see if I like them.

So far got 3 different sets of masks, which I like the fit of, and ruled out 4 different makes which just didnt do it for me.

Without going into the shop how would I know which I liked other than taking a gamble and then ending up with a mask I just dont get on with?

Ak47Eleven

May 28, 2016
One of the best thing you can do is get proper Goggles. The left eye side of my Goggles cracked when someone shot me. It was one of the most scariest thing that has ever happened to me. Safety first my friend and QUALITY is a must.

crf95

May 31, 2016
North East
Absolutely recommend going to a walkon or store and asking to try a few on. A mask is the one thing I won't buy used to be honest.

Dan Moss

Jun 6, 2016
Like many people have said. Try before you buy I made the mistake of rushing into it and ended up paying double once I changed my mind on gear.

Kazary

Paintball Ro0kie
Jun 26, 2008
Essex
I loosely went by this.

However, I bought a piranha cheap paintball gun off my brother first. I still love that thing. Basically I would definitly buy googles first. Eye protection is something you don't mess with and also there are some very nice styles out there. Keep in mind the dye i4's although they give you good field of view, they also leave the side of your jaw exposed to paint. If you buy a second hand mask, check the visor thoroughly. If ithey has major scratches, is discoloured or looks like the structure of it is compromised in any way. Replace the lens. Saving X amount of money is never worth loosing your eyesight.

keep your eyes on the sales part of this forum