Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tips on Playing snake

Howzy

Northern Blackouts Capitano #29
Jan 31, 2015
North east
Hello all

After a recent training session with the team as I am our snake player I was trying to play the snake which worked well in different areas.

For example I concentrate more on firing down the line than actually looking into the field to try and catch people off guard.

As I'm new to playing snake I was just wondering if anyone has any techniques or tips that will help me play snake better.

Any help is much appreciated
Cheers

Callum

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Hello all

After a recent training session with the team as I am our snake player I was trying to play the snake which worked well in different areas.

For example I concentrate more on firing down the line than actually looking into the field to try and catch people off guard.

As I'm new to playing snake I was just wondering if anyone has any techniques or tips that will help me play snake better.

Cheers

Callum
unless the other snake player is an immediate threat to you its a waste of time on most fields only focusing on that player. use your back players to protect you from any snake players, and try and look across the field to catch people who are focussing on shooting another player, as they may be exposing a pack which is an easy shot. whereas the only time you'll probably see another snake player is if he's shooting back at you and that's harder to win.

check out this thread which answers the same question you're asking: http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/snake-advice.169457/

in particular my previous advice:

1. Be fully aware of whats happening while you move, eyes up, ready to adjust your approach, using your team mates to help you get there.
2. Do not start like you're a track sprinter, its such a giveaway and not worth it for the extra 0.2 seconds you'll gain over such a short distance.
3. Be patient. and that means if necessary stopping short and controlling the field rather than making a desparate move.
This includes in the snake itself. If somebody is stopping you from moving up don't try to jump through a lane or get in a gunfight, control your zone, edge people out and make moves when they present themself.

Trying to sprint to the 50 off the break might work in division 5 playing teams who have sloppy lanes, but this is the best advise i can give you in my experience playing as a snake attacker with elite/spl/cpl teams.

southernP8nt

Aug 20, 2008
Hello all

Cheers

Callum
If you're spending most of your time focussing on your opponents snake player or snake corner then you're a wasted resource. Your priority in snake should be using the wide position to open up angles on players infield. Don't ignore the opponents snake player, but if your team is communicating well enough you should be able to react if they try and make a move because one of your players will see it happening.

My best advice is one that doesn't even involve playing. Just practice crawling. The faster you can move on the ground, the faster you can move up snake and get yourself better angles across the field, and the less chance you have of being shot out by your opponents snake or corner player while you move. So practice both going from stationary to moving and making the transition from diving to crawling, and get both down as fast as you can.

mrfelou

Jun 2, 2015
Sorry I'ma complete noob to this new and exciting world of firing paint-filled missiles at each other but what is "snake" may I ask?