Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Tips on Playing snake

Discussion in 'Tactics and Technique' started by Howzy, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Howzy Northern Blackouts Capitano #29

Howzy
    Message Count:
    Hello all

After a recent training session with the team as I am our snake player I was trying to play the snake which worked well in different areas.

For example I concentrate more on firing down the line than actually looking into the field to try and catch people off guard.

As I'm new to playing snake I was just wondering if anyone has any techniques or tips that will help me play snake better.

Any help is much appreciated
    Cheers

Callum

2. Liam92 #16 Reading Entity

Liam92
    Message Count:
    unless the other snake player is an immediate threat to you its a waste of time on most fields only focusing on that player. use your back players to protect you from any snake players, and try and look across the field to catch people who are focussing on shooting another player, as they may be exposing a pack which is an easy shot. whereas the only time you'll probably see another snake player is if he's shooting back at you and that's harder to win.

check out this thread which answers the same question you're asking: http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/snake-advice.169457/

in particular my previous advice:

3. southernP8nt Active Member

southernP8nt
    Message Count:
    If you're spending most of your time focussing on your opponents snake player or snake corner then you're a wasted resource. Your priority in snake should be using the wide position to open up angles on players infield. Don't ignore the opponents snake player, but if your team is communicating well enough you should be able to react if they try and make a move because one of your players will see it happening.

My best advice is one that doesn't even involve playing. Just practice crawling. The faster you can move on the ground, the faster you can move up snake and get yourself better angles across the field, and the less chance you have of being shot out by your opponents snake or corner player while you move. So practice both going from stationary to moving and making the transition from diving to crawling, and get both down as fast as you can.

4. S2thet Member

S2thet
    Message Count:
    Some seriously interesting advice here

5. mrfelou New Member

mrfelou
    Message Count:
    Sorry I'ma complete noob to this new and exciting world of firing paint-filled missiles at each other but what is "snake" may I ask?

6. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    Snake is the line of long low bunkers on one side of the speedball field

image.jpeg image.jpeg

7. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    In ye olde times, it could resemble a snake more than just being a few bunkers with a slightly windy path

image.jpeg

wayneo70 likes this.
  8. Guerrero Well-Known Member

Guerrero
    Message Count:
    wayneo70 likes this.