Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

TiPX Rap4 Mk23 II Socom Silencer and Barrel??

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I don't have experience with the barrel, but see the video below

As I said, I don't know the barrel & silencer but it appears to claim to be an effective one rather than just a lookalike. If it is then in the video when he takes the back off it would no longer function (but still 'move' the sound)
With it being hollow though I don't really see that it would be effective without anything to baffle the sound

I've had a couple of Gommie suppressors - the first was a plastic tube containing 'baffle' material and my current one is Carbon fibre
Both are effective in that they reduce and change the sound

For the purposes of asthetics, it's a matter of what you like
For the purposes of 'extra accuracy' of a longer barrel, the theory is there if the normal barrel is too short, but I always find pistols gain accuracy anyway with the natural pointing effect of a pistol, and that I wouldn't be looking for more range accuracy from a pistol due to the different ways I play with a pistol. To me it's for easier movement, getting close and in confined areas. If I'm supposedly disadvantaged by lack of distance then that's a factor that makes me enjoy the greater challenge

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I don't want so much the silencer just the look but obviously want to increase the range
Im not sure that it will improve range, the only way to tell for sure is to test a few barrels
An existing Tpx barrel is theoretically sub-optimal on length, but here are so many factors involved.
The paintball will exit at the same velocity (as you will be adjusting it at the chrono) so in physics the ball does not gain or lose anything with barrel length
The factor is how efficiently it has got to the point of exit and how well it maintains its flight - and the energy it has left when it gets there

You can also gain range etc wth how you point the gun, just tip back slightly and you gain an arc dropping onto your target

If you can then borrow a few tippmann barrels and try them on an open range laying out targets at amfewndistances seeing how far / accurately they fly to see if there is any true difference

On my x7 I use a 3" barrel for close up games and can switch from normal to short barrel with confidence that the efficiency loss takes it down from 280fps to 250fps
I could rack up the velocity and get similar range but for those games the maximum is reduced and I get similar performance to other players (except i become less efficient in air consumption, but I can shoot what I carry so am efficient enough)

Astro

Jun 29, 2016
I recently picked up a TiPX, if you have any questions or want to know any of the details for the gun, let me know!