Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

TiPX vs T8.1?

Craig Parker

Mar 18, 2015
Leicester, UK
I've got a TiPX, never tried anything other than. But to be honest it's easy to maintain, hella fun to play with and apparently can be customised like crazy. They've got 12 ball magazines and zetas but they're supposed to be rubbish as the paint flings out too easy. 2 and a bit cartridges to a CO2 sparklet

AlfieT

Get Rich or Dye Trying
Mar 24, 2015
London
I had a feel of both and genuinely preferred the TIPx in my hand. I wouldnt say it feels any cheaper than the 8.1. The zeta mags and the 12ball mags are the same length. Unless your playing pistols only thats a rediculous size mag to have in the gun holstered lol.

Still deciding whether i actually need a pistol.

Winterswrath

Aug 1, 2015
Personally I'm looking at getting the T9.1 just for the pure customization options but friends have TipX its a beautiful weapon (Hand Cannon)

kudosbudo

Dec 2, 2010
Yorkshire
Update - Tibby with Zeta mags on HPA is nice but Zeta's break too easy, however after years of playing pistol i've found that my best "pistol" is an GOG eMNEy, with a pvc sleeve in the feedneck and 10 round tubes as mags, short 8 inch lapco barrel, and an 9cu HPA tank hawaiian style. Weighs about the same as a Tibby with mags, slightly more "bulky" (well looks bulky, doesn't feel bulky) and just keeps on working. Both my tipx fail on co2 after half a day, both my tibs have smashed paint, both are a pain to clean and both are out pistoled by a cheap mech marker with a few mods. I've had it for over a year now and i'm still to have a problem with it, where as my tibs/tipx.... they're just not worth the cash they charge for them.

Jaymanelite

Jaymanelite
Aug 3, 2015
Cheltenham
Tipx are quite hard to use akimbo but look really cool when you do it :D also I think they are better than 8.1s because they are very reliable. The only thing I find quite annoying about all pistols (Please excuse the hate) is the fact of the co2 popping in and out every so often so I would run my TipXs with a dual remote line for Just Paintball.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Tipx are quite hard to use akimbo but look really cool when you do it :D also I think they are better than 8.1s because they are very reliable. The only thing I find quite annoying about all pistols (Please excuse the hate) is the fact of the co2 popping in and out every so often so I would run my TipXs with a dual remote line for Just Paintball.
On a single pistol basis on co2 I prefer the Tiberius. However that does get costly on 12 grams and magazines
To be practical you need 3 or 4 magazines and can then use the clickers on the bottom to manage how many times they have been used and topped up with paint, then you have spare magazines ready when it comes to changing a 12 gram in one

With the Tpx you are stuck with changing the 12 gram when it runs out

On remote line the Tpx wins as you can just keep reloading magazines
The Tiberius was stuck with the remote line through a magazine
* I believe you can now get remote air into the Tiberius directly

But remote lines can be cumbersome linked to you on what would otherwise be a compact pistol
(I have even run a Tpx with a 13ci under the barrel - fun but totally off balance and forward heavy)

On a dual pistol basis I prefer the Tpx and have now removed the remote adaptor from my original Tpx now that i have 2
It's not overly cumbersome to reload magazines with two pistols and some practice

image.jpg

Llexas

Jun 1, 2012
Vilnius, LTU
I would say if you got smaller hands (<9 size) definitely go with Tipx, Tib will not fit you. My hands are 9.5 so I'm using T 9.1, big brother of 8.1. Advantage of 9.1 is that it comes with on/off ASA, where my remote line is connected. So I have just change mags during the game.
To be honest, Tib is heavier, but feels solid, like a cannon in hand.