Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

TiPX vs T8.1?

Rock Ape

Dec 21, 2012
Oldbury, West Midlands
I'm a T8.1 & T9.1 fan. It's great to be able to pull the pistol with first strike in and make the shot that hits target when your opponents paint is falling short. The TPX is a great pistol but I think the Tiberius has the edge.

Pingu

Aug 17, 2013
Leicester
I've got a 9.1, one of our guys runs a 8.1. Good reliable pieces.
Another of the guys got a TPX and he hated it, felt light and flimsy he said.
A lot of it is down to personal choice but for me it has to be the Tiberius family

Viper83

May 8, 2013
Birmingham
I'm a T8.1 & T9.1 fan. It's great to be able to pull the pistol with first strike in and make the shot that hits target when your opponents paint is fal
I've got a 9.1, one of our guys runs a 8.1. Good reliable pieces.
Another of the guys got a TPX and he hated it, felt light and flimsy he said.
A lot of it is down to personal choice but for me it has to be the Tiberius family
I think your right...although lighter can be a good thing. Both pistols now have FS capability (if you mod tipx), so the only real differences are weight and the mags. TiPX now has 20 round zetamags and the T8.1/9.1 now have extended mags(17 rounds) again thanks to killjoy.

I have a question for all.....I know the T8.1 are really accurate due to having 2 detents, The Tipx however has one, when i owned one before i noticed that shots would curve right after so far.....so if you used a rifled barrel would the shots be more accurate? and is there anything else that can be done to decrease the 'curve'?

Oct 16, 2013
Great choice, I have the Tipx personally and it works great. The trigger especially because of it being aluminum. Zetamags make it much better.

Viper83

May 8, 2013
Birmingham
Anyone chrono a t8.1 as you go through a whole 12g co2?

Would like to know how consistent it is beyond the first mag full.
I tried my mates T8.1 last Saturday, put it over the chrono and it fired at 343fps for the first shot then 315 for the next then i fired 4 more shots and then the gun decided to die, I turned down the velocity, put in a new mag and it wouldn't do anything....not sure what happened, maybe the bolt got jammed?

Has anyone else experienced the same? What issues have you all experienced......I wan't to know what to look out for as i have decided to buy 2 of them.

The Activist

Oct 29, 2013
london
I've since had leaky o rings on the chambers on both of mine. Middle of a game fresh mags...waiting a guy out who was crawling up on me, had a clear headshot at about 15meters and both were out of gas!!! All the fumbling got me spotted then hosed down accordingly. Was not impressed.

Looks like they assemble them dry or with a lube that dries and causes the o ring to leak over time. Removal the first time was a pain in the esra, was stuck hard and took a good soak and yank to get it out. Left a rubbery residue from the o rings on the walls too.
Cleaned and assembled with pure silicone oil and haven't missed a beat in 16ish hours of play. Will be keeping a cleaning and lubing routine on them though just so that never happens again.

The Activist

Oct 29, 2013
london
Bolt is a very close fit and seems a little grabby but will most prob wear in. Could be stuck if its dry and was low on gas I guess.

Jamie Loader

Jan 3, 2013
London
Played with two TiPXs before on a remote line. Very fun game, quite accurate, and I like the fact the sparklet goes in the marker not the mag. Best thing though is to get hands on with both and see what you prefer

Viper83

May 8, 2013
Birmingham
Hi guys n gals, just updating the thread.......I decided to go with the Tiberius. I managed to get an amazing deal on a T9.1 ranger off a guy on facebook......marker with 4 mags for £180, then i spent £128 on a 13cl, tiberius scope and mag holster, now i just need to get a T8.1, then i'm sorted.WP_20140325_002[1].jpg