Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

TiPX vs T8.1?

RavenSupra

Apr 9, 2014
I like my TPX when its working, but recently it has failed on me. But hopefully a good service will sort it.

Mr_Wolf_Is_Innocent

THE Big Bad Wolf
Aug 28, 2014
Isle Of Thanet
I have yet to buy, so have found this thread incredibly informative. and thank all previous posters for the information share.

I have been heading towards the tib 8.1, I am used to air pistols (webley hurricane and tempest) so the larger mag in the handle looks more the similar size. but am having to make a choice so far without having actually felt/held either. I too am put off the TiPX because its plastic, but again based solely on lack of feel. So I am currently looking more at the 8.1,

However, location of the co2 is not a factor in my decision making, more the comfort of the marker in my hand. not worried about hooking up to airline etc..

But I would like to know a little more about "o" rings, and lubing the respective markers, best lubes to use (I again appreciate this is a personal view more than 100% this is better than that)..

I have been offered a brand new tib 8.1 socom for a very similar price to the TiPX only.. so costs are less of an issue. (I know the extra mags cost more, etc)..

Viper83

May 8, 2013
Birmingham
Hi folks, the T9.1 is going to a new home, realised at paintfest that the cosmetic add ons are a waste of time.....so on that note im going to go tipx again. The only decision left to make is do I get one pistol or do I akimbo......what do you guys think?

smudgerebt

Rockin VIP Cocker, So-Manc E1, LV1
Apr 19, 2014
Near Stockport
Hi folks, the T9.1 is going to a new home, realised at paintfest that the cosmetic add ons are a waste of time.....so on that note im going to go tipx again. The only decision left to make is do I get one pistol or do I akimbo......what do you guys think?
What version did you go for and which "add-ons" don't you like?

Viper83

May 8, 2013
Birmingham
What version did you go for and which "add-ons" don't you like?
I had a t9.1 ranger with a 13cl tank and the tiberius scope........didnt end up using the scope as much as I thought, hopper mode didnt last as I had breaks in the gun, cleaning it took a while. When I used mags I did end up losing track of how much paint id used. As a pistol its not bad, just bulky.

QBaller

Oct 31, 2013
Glasgow
There is certainly loads of advice here but I'll try add a couple of pieces for those lazy to start from the beginning. I started out with a tiberius (9.1 cqb) a few years ago. The main draw was it looked cool, easy to switch between mag and hopper (hopper option n/a for 8.1) and fired first strikes. Since then I have added a tpx and a dye dam to my collection which has effectively rendered the tiberius redundant (so offers on it are welcome)

The Tiberius has the feel of a superior pistol and certainly fires extremely well. However there are a few drawbacks
- maintenance wise it does take a lot more time/effort to so.
- The switch between remote line/air to cartridge is a big nuisance for me (you have to replace a small piece in the internals to swap between the two so that means stripping the marker down. However, I haven't tried the remote through mag adaptor as i'd find that unnatural for the ergonomics)
- mags cost are quite high (relative to TPX)
- Mag capacity is quite low (relative to zetamags which has since came into play)
- not much going on in terms of modifications/upgrades you can do with it (least not in the UK market).

The TPX grip is slightly smaller which suits me better. Granted it has an inferior plastic feel but it still sturdy and shoots very well. It's also much easier to maintain and with modifications it can do a lot more (bar shooting from a hopper).

- FS compatible breach (first strikes being previously exclusive to tiberius).
- zeta mags (cheaper, much higher capacity, also FS compatible).
- remote adaptor (no need to swap the internals, can immediately change from Cartridge to remote (just ensure you have an empty cartridge in the chamber.
- Better after market customisation options.I have upgraded the bolt and have changed to a rifled barrel.

The first 3 reasons above would swing it for me if i was to choose a side arm in today's market.

kudosbudo

Dec 2, 2010
Yorkshire
Actually tipx can be modded to shoot from a hopper. You should check mcarter brown side thread. However even with upgrades, for me, 8.1 still wins.

AlfieT

Get Rich or Dye Trying
Mar 24, 2015
London
Very helpful read! Still on the fence about which one but alot of good info here. Thanks.

So in theory the 8.1 having a co2 in the mag means you use a fresh one for each mag? or do you have to remove the one your using and put it into the new mag?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Very helpful read! Still on the fence about which one but alot of good info here. Thanks.

So in theory the 8.1 having a co2 in the mag means you use a fresh one for each mag? or do you have to remove the one your using and put it into the new mag?
Use one per magazine
Top up the paint after using that magazine, getting at least 3 loads per 12 gram
There is a clicker on the bottom of the magazine that you can use to remind you how many times it's been used with that 12 gram

Reactions: Gee Tee

AlfieT

Get Rich or Dye Trying
Mar 24, 2015
London
Use one per magazine
Top up the paint after using that magazine, getting at least 3 loads per 12 gram
There is a clicker on the bottom of the magazine that you can use to remind you how many times it's been used with that 12 gram
ahh, thanks for clearing that up!