Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

To Grease or Not to Grease, that is the question!

Darkpud

It’s better burn out, than to fade away
Aug 11, 2021
Cheshire
So while waiting to unwrap my Etha 2 (the sanest choice, in an insane world) for my birthday, I though I would watch a video on bolt maintenance and there’s quite a bit of greasing going on there. Anywho, it got me thinking - how is my grease? I don’t know how long my marker has been in it box for and does that grease go dry and need refreshing before I first use it? And then that led me to the thought - Really I need to open this bad boy before my birthday because i’m playing on my birthday and need to give it some TLC the day before? What does everyone think of my logic - it’s undeniable…right?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
So while waiting to unwrap my Etha 2 (the sanest choice, in an insane world) for my birthday, I though I would watch a video on bolt maintenance and there’s quite a bit of greasing going on there. Anywho, it got me thinking - how is my grease? I don’t know how long my marker has been in it box for and does that grease go dry and need refreshing before I first use it? And then that led me to the thought - Really I need to open this bad boy before my birthday because i’m playing on my birthday and need to give it some TLC the day before? What does everyone think of my logic - it’s undeniable…right?
It’s an eclipse so you can chuck it in the bag after every game and expect it to work

However if you take care of your gear then it will take care of you
Don’t over do the lube, watch closely on the videos and they will probably clean off a fair bit of the lube they add to it - you need just the right amount (which is less than I put on)

Darkpud

Aug 11, 2021
Cheshire
It’s an eclipse so you can chuck it in the bag after every game and expect it to work

However if you take care of your gear then it will take care of you
Don’t over do the lube, watch closely on the videos and they will probably clean off a fair bit of the lube they add to it - you need just the right amount (which is less than I put on)
Thanks for your input. Basically your saying the marker is robust so I don’t need to faff. But does grease have the potential to perish/dry out if left for a long time? For example let’s say I played and then cleaned and re-greased my marker and left it for a year, would that grease still be ok?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Thanks for your input. Basically your saying the marker is robust so I don’t need to faff. But does grease have the potential to perish/dry out if left for a long time? For example let’s say I played and then cleaned and re-greased my marker and left it for a year, would that grease still be ok?
It would still work, it won’t be to its best performance

If it’s clean then the grease could ‘go off’ and if it was greased properly in the first place it won’t stay there forever.
If it’s dirty then grease can be turned into sandpaper

It would be best to clean and check it out before leaving for a year etc
But it won’t suffer heavily from not being looked after, and as long as the spares kit is complete you can do a quick service in the safe zone
(As long as you don’t dismantle everything and lose small parts)

Darkpud

Aug 11, 2021
Cheshire
If it’s new in box then you can pop in a battery, add air & paint and you’re ready to chrono

If it’s second hand then it’s wise to check it out

If you go to the Eclipse YouTube, playlists and under tech you should find a set on the Etha 2
Thanks it’s new so I won’t worry then. I’ll pop in the battery and screw on the air and rock out with my glock out! There goes my excuse to get my hands on it early. But damn I can’t wait to grease those bolts!