Todays formula 5's

Status
Not open for further replies.

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Woop Woop 2 kills every time one of us went on field. And this will be the first time i can say this and every one will believe me. In a five man game i shot seven of them out ;):D:whoo::thumb::cool::cool::cool:
LMAO. I really laughed out loud at that one. :)

Let's hope people don't find the stats more interesting than the games themselves .....
This is weird, but for me, I couldn't have cared less about the stats before I played the event. I'm not the sort of person that cares about scores at big games either.

However... after playing this, all of a sudden I did care. I certainly cared before going into the last game that we were just below 2:1 kill ratio (1.94 : 1) , and I for one wanted to get it over 2.

After the game, I was talking about what else you could do easily with the stats to enhance the players feeling of value, and input. etc with the team behind this.

I went from not being bothered, to seeing it as a valuable part of this format. I still feel a bit strange about that, but I think it's pretty cool that you can now really compare teams, and you could even with a little work start comparing players...

i.e. how often a player gets shot out, how much field time they have, how many buzzer presses they get, how often they are a starting player etc.

I think it adds something, and I know that in a small part of that last game, I was playing for stats. I position myself to shoot players down a certain path that I knew they would come, and got myself safely tucked in. I know I shot a lot of players that game to help bring us to the first team with a KR of over 2.0 We also (Lump's idea) changed our game plan for the last game to try and get more field so that we could actually get a higher number of eliminations. By getting further down the field we hoped to shoot people out earlier, and be able to get more opportunities to score.

Good job we did, because we only won by 7 eliminations. If we hadn't we would have lost the event...

Geeky, but cool, and something I will be following when I watch other teams scores and stats go up on the board.

I still feel a bit strange about this format too, it's different, but it has value. I'll post more when I am over the jet lag and have some more time to think.

I did get a video of the field being set up, and the last Gunsmoke V SPS Rangers, but Youtube is making me cut the video in half before I can get it posted up.

Andrew.m1971

Jun 29, 2009
Littleport
Well what can i say that hasnt be said before..

Firstly i'd like to thank John (Sosta) for twisting our arm at the big game to go try his new format and what a format, dam fantasic...

We (Outrage) have'nt been on the tourney scene since malaga last year as the millenniums just got no pounds for play value and everything being played around the uk are all millennium based games. So we just decided to quit the tourney thing and get some value for money games and try put some fun back into our balling in the form of big games, senario games, but after 14 so months not playing tourneys we thought we'd have a go.

We turned up with just 4 of us and met 2 litre Pete (Shazam)
Danny Williams /Simon (KEE) /Lump/Lemon/and Chris on site, what a day we had its great to play a game where you can keep respawning over and over for the full 15 mins of play. Like the rest of the guys and gals said you did'nt know where you was going to play next, i got 3/4 way up the snake 3 times, further than Dickie ever got.. sorry mate.

This format is'nt just for the young (6 packed 18/21 year olds), we played sunday with a combined age of 400 ish give or take a few years, the best part of the team was over forty anyway and we had a ball.

This is what we have been missing and it needs supporting.

Wizz

and John your right i ache like a buggar..
I wish i could have come now, it sounds like its fun. Will have to get to the next one you do mate and see what its all about.
Andy

Shooter KW

May 13, 2010
Colchester, Essex
Pictures

Hi everyone, my first post on the forum but thought you would like to see a few pictures I took during the last Formula 5 event (9th May 2010). I Took loads of pictures while I was not playing. A great day had by all I think

Karl

If these pictures post Ok I will add afew more later!

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Great pics but none of me yet, so more please! :)

If you want someone to host the whole lot, drop me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.