Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Too Far out,

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
Looking at a lot of pics of paintball and people however tight they think they are playing (me included) seem to be coming too far out the bunker, or hold the maker so that they think they are tight but the gas bottle and elbow is showing.

Any one got any tips on this.

I can shot both handed (actually quicker left handed now than right) But want to think about the next aspect of my game. Keeping Tight.

Bunker Imp

Dye Paintball
Apr 24, 2003
Kent
hey tom.

do you have your air tank under your arm or can you postition te tank so that your arm and tank are the same in-line down your body (that was hard to explain)

i find when coming out of a bunker use your barrell first as this guarantes you are as tight to the bunker as possible but make sure all your arm isnt over the air tank cuase your elbow will get shot:D .

remember your head as well keep it inline with your marker and hopper otherwise the top of your head will stick out too much. i saw alot of this at reading.

as for you tom at the back watch your feet i have seen alot of back guys have half their body out then get shot on the legs or feet.

remember even if you think your safe anything could happen.

like a little bunker Imp:D may pop out of a snake and get ya. but if your tight it will be alot harder as you can easily get back in.

J

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
i would imagine that a lot of the pics that you look at are of people in the UK , right? If so then try taking a look at pics of players from dynasty, Strange, Legion, Avalanche and se how tight the top pros are. Watching people from levels less than the best is probably not a good idea. If not then ignore me:D

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
3 words for ya
drop
forward
bin

take the drop off your marker and place in a nearby bin.....wise words which come from robbo himself.
as explained to me by Kris, using a drop forces your to use an un natural movment in order to bring your marker into a fireing possision and also forces you to wrap your arm around the tank thus making more of you hang out of your bunker.

also something i have seen a few players doing more of recently and something im wanting to give a go is shooting from the hip

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
Originally posted by jahlad
3 words for ya
drop
forward
bin

take the drop off your marker and place in a nearby bin.....wise words which come from robbo himself.
as explained to me by Kris, using a drop forces your to use an un natural movment in order to bring your marker into a fireing possision and also forces you to wrap your arm around the tank thus making more of you hang out of your bunker.

also something i have seen a few players doing more of recently and something im wanting to give a go is shooting from the hip
I have heard the drop forward argument and I have used others markers with out one and it felt really good. However on my old CO2 IMpy you take off the drop forward and the marker is too long to do anything effective.

Maybe its because i have become used to it as it is but it just feels more awkward without it.

Kitch

Super'5ives'Man
Jul 10, 2001
Sexy South
Visit site
I tend to agree most drops tend to make you hold your marker in the most un-natural position, the only 1 I've used and got on with is the compact drop forward for angel airs, and even that made the whole feel of the setup slightly uncomfortable.

With more and more people switching across to presets, and thus lengthening their setup, we really need some inventive type to come up with a drop that doesnt compromise any of these important issues.

Jon S

London Faction
Sep 22, 2003
London
www.jaysto.com
Kitch: I think that may be the drop...backward!

Saw some on PBN a week ago, basically it repositions the tank so that it is angled upwards, with the reg pointing downward and the back of the bottle sitting at a higher position than normal. I wouldnt really like one with an adjustable, incase you dragged it in the mud on a dive or something, but with a preset in an ASA it could work out pretty nicely

Here's one