Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Too Far out,

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
i'm gonna be trying this out coz i'm using a preset at the mo. i think bringing it forward by about 2 inches is about right but it'll need very slight angling to get the bits to fit under it. a very shallow drop. will get some pics up when i've done it.

knobbs

Sep 16, 2002
www.teaminfected.com
Originally posted by Tom Tom
I have heard the drop forward argument and I have used others markers with out one and it felt really good. However on my old CO2 IMpy you take off the drop forward and the marker is too long to do anything effective.

Maybe its because i have become used to it as it is but it just feels more awkward without it.
I used to think the same when I had an impulse, until I took my huge drop of of it. Now I have my angels set up bottle on gun, 16 inch barrel and I have no issues with it whatsoever, hyperball or airball.

When one guy joined my team he had an impulse with a huge drop and we all kept telling him to try without it. We finally talked him into trying a micro drop once and after a day of play he couldn't go back to his large drop. He's now talking about removing the drop altogether and going with the bottle on the gun.

I don't think I could ever go back to a drop.

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
IMHO, drop forwards should go the same way as shocker Turbo boards. Ban em!!! Hotpoint get on the case, make em tournament illegal in the UK.

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
Originally posted by jahlad
i think that has been tried but the tank gets in the way of the bottom of the grip frame
exactly what i was gonna reply to the question.

what you need is a rail, basically a forward, not a drop forward, doesnt do the dropping, just moves it forward.
but like jahlad said, the problem is the bottle restricts the length that the bottle can be moved forward.
at the moment, the bottle on my viking is pushed as far forwardas possible with the frame touching the bottle cover, now i find this alot more comfortable, however when shouldering the bottle, the back of my marker is still a good 6-8 inches from my face.

problem is, theres no way to move the bottle further forward without lowering it, using a drop.

its all about personal preference really, and adapting technique to get the marker tight. the best thing about using no drop is definitely the tightness:eek:
if the bottle is in your shoulder, your arm should be under the bottle, not around it, and its just the wrist and hand that should be exposed outside the line of the marker.

dunno if you know this but ive been told since i started that you should hold your marker with the wrist and hand in a 'swan neck' shape.
put your arm out straight palm down, bring the wrist right up to your shoulder with palm facing away from you, and bend your wrist trying to curl ya middle finger in. if you tilt this slightly, thats pretty much how the grip should be held, so only the wrist is showing.

when ya go home, find a big mirror, preferably with a door infront of it. stand behind the door facing the mirro, and stand/kneel how you would, try this with and without a marker and look at your profile. what you see in the mirror, is what the opposition see, the less there is the better.

'just like that'

noop

Your forearm should in front of your tank. This serves two very important purposes:
1. If you're holding your marker at the correct angle, both your forearm and tank will be visible to an extent. By having your forearm and tank overlap the same space in your profile, you...well...MINIMIZE your profile! :eek:
2. Tank cover or no tank cover, your padded forearm is going to be softer.

Your grip frame plays a large part in dictating the angle of your forearm. The more vertical your frame becomes, the less of tendency your forearm has to be parallel with the ground. AGD/WGP frames of old were angled so horribly that it was impossible to comfortable fit your forearm in front of a 68ci. Today's .45 frames allow most players to mount their tank far back enough to comfortably maintain a tight profile, all while keeping the tank forward enough to shoulder for stability. WDP's new frame style lets you move your tank up a little bit more, but it isn't particularly necessary for the majority of players shooting the good ole' 68ci.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by mike from brum
exactly what i was gonna reply to the question.

what you need is a rail, basically a forward, not a drop forward, doesnt do the dropping, just moves it forward.
but like jahlad said, the problem is the bottle restricts the length that the bottle can be moved forward.
at the moment, the bottle on my viking is pushed as far forwardas possible with the frame touching the bottle cover, now i find this alot more comfortable, however when shouldering the bottle, the back of my marker is still a good 6-8 inches from my face.

problem is, theres no way to move the bottle further forward without lowering it, using a drop.

Try a 0.8L(45ci) bottle, you'll still get over 1000 shots from it!!

Paul
:)