Mar 8, 2005
Bristol
www.facebook.com
in no particular order

1. standard 68 mag *Oh dear has anyone got a spare foamy they can lend me*
2. ego *2004-now my 05 ego i had for 2 yearsand i never chopped a ball ever*
3. Angel - led/lcd/fly/a1/rasta/ir3/a4 good guns
4. evo-x from belsales straightest shooting gun ive ever used
5. autocockers in general my favourite ever gun but not the first ever splash anno eclipse ones
6. shocker 4x4 turbo you gotta love the old turbo boards
7. mark 1 shocker *used to play woods ball with tom allen years back with a mark 1*
8. inferno angle feed neck *you cannot kill these guns they are immense
9. intimidator all the models
10. DM series

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
also is the Phantom english? i always accepted it was american so i never bothered to find out....
If you look at my avatar pic you will see a british phantom.
It had redesigned, bolt, hammer, cup seal and power stem.
It was only available in the UK and came in british racing green.

I can't remember who it was that did the redesign, but essentially it had the same job done on it that Belsales did on the sniper. Mike Cassidy was certainly surprised when he took mine apart as he'd not seen the parts before.

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
was having a think about the top 10 markers in British paintball history. now im thinking Guns that have made it big in the UK or have come n from the US. now in the list i am thinking about that its not about the make its about it Britishness, and how it has gone down with us guys. so whats your take on this ? i have a list but I'm not sure they are all in the right order. so discus
but the automag isn't english why is everyone writing it up :O
if you read lumps opening post, the marker does not need to be British, just had a big impact, in some way, on the UK.

malphadour

Dec 7, 2012
If you look at my avatar pic you will see a british phantom.
It had redesigned, bolt, hammer, cup seal and power stem.
It was only available in the UK and came in british racing green.

I can't remember who it was that did the redesign, but essentially it had the same job done on it that Belsales did on the sniper. Mike Cassidy was certainly surprised when he took mine apart as he'd not seen the parts before.
Wasnt that something to do with Rafe Farmer if memory serves?

malphadour

Dec 7, 2012
If you are old and can remember back, we had hte splatmaster, then along came lots of very nasty pump guns that broek a lot - out of these shone the phantom (from U.S), the Cocker II (the mark 1 was a pig of a gun), Bushmasters and the Lapco Grey Spirit (also Grey Ghost and Spectre (the wraith was almost never seen). But a very important and often forgotten gun was the Mayhem Merlin - it was the first decent quality tourny level gun I had, and basically it was a Lapco Spetre clone for half the price and brought quality to the masses so to speak. Then along came the Sterling and all other pumps were pretty well sandboxed by most tournie players for several years - and too this day it is still probably the finest pump ever made (I never had one of my own :( ).

Early semi autos started arriving, early on there were many bad ones but also pionerring like the PMI 3 which was like shooting paint from a pneumatic drill, the Brass Eagle Golden Eagle, which was like using a heavier pneumatic drill, Poison and a few weird ones with long triggers that did the pump action (Cougar and one by Bushmaster) - then some half decent blow bakcs appeared - the Icon from the U.S which spanked everything for a while, along with the Daystate Patriot (which i'm pretty sure was an icon clone) - Ive got a custom one of these with one off internals from Daystate and customised body by Jack (from very early Planet Eclipse days). And then the Automag level 7 arrived and all changed. The level 5 was fast but would blow up in oyur face as fast as it could shoot, and the level 6 was a bit better but suffered from massive valve issues. The Level 7 was THE gun to have and really took over from the sterling as the choice of most of hte top teams for about 2 years. Quietly bubbling away varius peeps like Belsales, Planet and a couple of others were developing the Autococker into something usefull - out of the box it was heavey, slow and really unreliable, but soon the custom ones became the standard ones and the cocker started to take over from the Mag.

Just as global domination seemed imminent some dodgy blokes from the black country (sunny Birmingham) said hey look at this thing we have made....and we all ran for cover as suddenly the mag and the cocker looked like steam engines as the Angel thru huge volumes of paint down the field (with a really nasty fart sound too) - the yanks were at it too and the Shocker appeared - the difference being that the shocker was flaky as hell and not very fast, whereas the angel would throw 3000 paint down the field in 20 seconds....and then blow up, but hopefully by that point you had shot everyone or they had run away in fear. To those of you used to 15 bps non stop, when the Angel came out it was terrifying if you were on the recieving end, prior to that some fast fingered chappy (Ledz - after some coffee - for example) would lay down maybe 10bps for a short while, and then there was a gap.

About this time I left paintball for several years, so cant say what happened next other than it looks like every said "ooh that Angel thingy looks reet good can we make one?"

Whislt i never liked the Angel (not once did I complete a game with one - tho bare in mind that was quite often with a prototype lent to me to try and break) it historically was a very important marker, and financially was a success too.

digitalman

Apr 21, 2011
Uckfield East Sussex
I can'y really comment on a top ten as I havn't shot that many different markers, but I am supprised that there is no Tippmann A5 in there. I would agree with autocockers and egos of various drsignations, and years being in an overall top10.