Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Top 10 Teams In The Uk 2008/9

D7's

Home to Notorious Kids
Aug 15, 2002
www.d7s.co.uk
these guys were stand up top guys who just wanted 2 play paintball, they didnt kick off or get down and gettin beat, they just shook are hand and wished us luk for the rest of the event, think i spotted a few in the stands durin are finals game too. top team top lads keep at it guys
Got to agree, they are a great bunch, and we hope they do well.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Funny how a bit of cash makes the handbags start-swinging

I have never met or played against Hurricanes or even seen them play.
However I know they are a relatively new team with a good backing, who have picked out some of the top equipment to help them on their way.

Anyone who knocks that is, frankly, retarded or jealous.

Best of luck to them and all the other UK teams.

Basik

Platinum Member
Jan 11, 2007
UK
It is good that they are buying top equipment and got Nicky T as a coach etc, and I hope they do well.

The only problem that I could see with all the money being spent, is if the team was to break up - Matt would be left with a s*** load of gear.

Good luck to them anyway.

Nicky T

Platinum Member
May 9, 2002
Bury, Lancashire
www.patreon.com
This is actually an interesting thread :)

Okay lets talk about the Hurricanes for a second; dealing with some facts:
- First year playing paintball for 70% of the team (not just Millenniums) and they have made the necessary off season moves to get a Div 1 spot and the equipment to compete.
- The reasons for the team doing this are simple; they want to learn how to get better at paintball and you learn nothing by playing in a division lower than your ability.
- Malaga; yes they had a rough ride in Malaga, BUT they showed something far more important than results; the ability to conduct themselves well on and off the field and the heart to want to improve.

The best thing about the team is that they are all top stand-up guys who will tell you to your face what they think about you and give 110% on the field. That alone makes it all worthwhile in my book.

Aside from that Malaga was the dawn of a new era for UK paintball with the likes of Shock, Nexus, Disruption, Notorious Kids, MK Storm and ECI all playing some phenominal paintball and more importantly helping each other out wherever they could in terms of support and encouragement. This is something that has sadly been missing in recent years and something that should be encouraged and commended.

Well done everyone who was in Malaga!

Nicky T

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Malaga was the dawn of a new era for UK paintball with the likes of Shock, Nexus, Disruption, Notorious Kids, MK Storm and ECI all playing some phenominal paintball and more importantly helping each other out wherever they could in terms of support and encouragement. This is something that has sadly been missing in recent years and something that should be encouraged and commended.

Well done everyone who was in Malaga!

Nicky T
What Nicky says here is true, there was a good camaraderie between the UK teams and players, if this continues throughout the year and everybody gets behind whoever is on the field then each team will do better.

I'm guessing that a lot of you can't imagine* the difference that support and extra pairs of eyes have on the performance of the team playing. Though, I think a lot of us agreed that counter-coaches should be strung-up from the nearest lamp post.

UK players, teams, fans, etc. all get behind each other and put the teams in the upper half's of the divisions with your support.

*Those that only really have 7/5-man experience with no sideline/crowd participation.

cookie_834

P8ntball killed me....
Oct 28, 2004
in a house with a window
Visit site
u know everyone is ripping hurricanes for having money.......but wait a second.....

ironmen........buying every superstar that says "i might want a new team"
xsv......originally built from scratch and funded
all bob long teams........

should we start swinging at them?