Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

top 5

Titanspeed

Oct 16, 2005
Fayette-nam
Visit site
What do you think the top 5 drills are for a recently (set in stone) team.. We all have relatively<sp> good experience playing, but we need to figure out just 5 main drills that we can practice.. Weve come up with a few break out drills and snap shooting drills, but other than that, What would you guys consider the 5 best ....

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
The Fab Four are as follows and all teams should base their training around these pillars of our game

1. Techniques, such as snap-shooting etc
2. Running and gunning
3. Break out drills, practicing spinning and shooting off the bat.
4. Taking the initiative, you must practice aggressive play, over and over again.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by BBS
Communication on field. Then the rest.

BBS, I want you to think about this very carefully just in case other people take your post seriously.
If you wish to prioritise the importance of Paintball's elements then we need to find a way of discerning just that.

Imagine telling a team to go on the field and not talk (thereby nullifying all communication)....is it impossible for that team to win?
Of course it ain't !

But if you can't a hit barn door when you shoot, you gonna win anything ?
A big fat nope !!!

And also, if you are about as tight as wizard's sleeve, you gonna win anything ?
A big fat nope !!!!

Communication is important but not the most important, it has it's place mate but not first.
It is a catalyst for proceedings, that's all.

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
I think this might be a breakdown in the reductionist model, Robbo. Everything you say is true, but to produce more reliable wins, communication is surely very important. I wouldn't rate it as most important- as you say, tight play and accuracy are the biggies.

Communication is a different kind of virtue from good technique. Technique is an individual virtue, something each player must develope to be a factor in winning. Unity of the team, whether by disciplined communication or long acquaintance is a sort of meta- quality. It seems to me that it is what distinguishes teams from collections of individuals.

The smaller the number of players to a side, the less important it seems to be, but as more players are added to a team, the more important spreading information becomes. Unseen moves contribute the majority of eliminations, no? Communication decreases the likelihood of moves by the opponent being dealt with.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Gyroscope
I think this might be a breakdown in the reductionist model, Robbo. Everything you say is true, but to produce more reliable wins, communication is surely very important. I wouldn't rate it as most important- as you say, tight play and accuracy are the biggies.

Communication is a different kind of virtue from good technique. Technique is an individual virtue, something each player must develope to be a factor in winning. Unity of the team, whether by disciplined communication or long acquaintance is a sort of meta- quality. It seems to me that it is what distinguishes teams from collections of individuals.

The smaller the number of players to a side, the less important it seems to be, but as more players are added to a team, the more important spreading information becomes. Unseen moves contribute the majority of eliminations, no? Communication decreases the likelihood of moves by the opponent being dealt with.
The vast majority of what you said in no way contradicts exactly what I just wrote but a lot of people make the mistake in believing communication is entirely within the domain of verbalising, a lot of communicatoin is visual, you shouldn't need yer mate to tell you to 'go,go,go' if you just seen him get up and bunker somebody.
In fact, most communication is done visually...think about it.

And yes, I did use the reductionist method in coming up with the correct priorities and I did this because I was getting pretty sick and tired of hearing idiots on paintball sites telling newbies that communication is the most important thing in paintball, or maybe even 'teamwork'.
Bejeeeezus, if I had a penny for every time I heard them two nuggets I'd be as rich as Sergey.
Prioritising helps organise and emphaise training time and with it already at a premium over here, we need some sort of working guidelines of significance to reference.