Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

top 5

DarWood

Dagenham Swarm
Nov 30, 2002
Besides how do you practice communication :confused:
I mean afterall didnt you do that as soon as you were born ;) :p

Seriously how hard is too say 'back lefts gone', or 'back lefts on me'. Not that ard im sure :D

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
Good communication is more about players doing their jobs as planned, and changing the role if needed/told to do so. Saying back left gone means jack**** if the guy responsible for the zone switches sides for no apparent reason and it gets filled. The american teams are good at passing info around the field and switching a role to a player more able to control wherever an opposition player may have moved to.

But like Pete said, unless the technical abilities of the players involved are honed to a similar, high standard....there aint much point practising that kinda thing. It's amazing how many novice games you can see where some lardass is yelling position calls for the sake of doing it, unable to see where players may actually be, and causing more harm than good. They'd be better off not speaking.. and just gunning and playing off each other as they go...but hey, live n learn.....slowly n expensively.

Andyb

Banned
Apr 15, 2004
Dirty $outh
www.andyb.tv
getting pretty sick and tired of hearing idiots on paintball sites telling newbies that communication is the most important thing in paintball, or maybe even 'teamwork'.
I respect you alot Mr Robbo, and I know Nexus are one of the best team's in the United Kingdom.
But communication, let's you know what some one else see's, how many babies are left and how many of you are left. You can only see so much visually. You have to talk during a game, it's important to play.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Andyb
I respect you alot Mr Robbo, and I know Nexus are one of the best team's in the United Kingdom.
But communication, let's you know what some one else see's, how many babies are left and how many of you are left. You can only see so much visually. You have to talk during a game, it's important to play.
Re read what I am actually saying Andy and you will see I do not contradict what you are saying.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Andyb
But on a more serious note, you cant really train that. You can train feild awness. But some times you have to rely on your team mates.

Andy, you have an awful lot to learn if you believe you cannot train the skill of staying alive.
The achievement of technical excellence optimises your chances of staying alive and thus increases your ability to eliminate your oposition.