Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tournament paintball is rubbish

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
Even if you ran it as a limited paint event, the fact that you re-enter the field after you're shot out means that it's impossible to gauge just how much you're likely to use. It's dependant entirely on how often you exit/enter the field and how much paint you use each time.

limited paint = useless, since the format nullifies the point of having limited paint

ASYLUMKILLER!

Jul 18, 2009
asylum paintball manchester
A few months ago, I wrote a post where I was advocating getting rid of XBall altogether as a tournament format; heresy?, It might have been a few years back but there's the problem, a few years back, we were still positioning ourselves as a sport and the momentum was being driven by the imminence of TV ...... well, that was until the TV bubble burst all around us and left us all looking like a bunch of Muppets in motocross outfits ..... let's be honest, we looked pretty ridiculous when the Emperor's clothes had been disrobed with the failure of the TV initiative.

Of course, had we managed to grab the TV Holy Grail, we would have had kids walking round the local malls in tournament gear but I'm afraid that ain't happened.
It's a shame of course but what's even worse is our present reluctance to let go of the TV format, XBall.

It's a bit like when some schmuck hails for a cab by frantically waving his hand only for the cab to drive right by, and the schmuck morphs the hand waving into a scratching of the head because of his embarrassment ...... we are scratching our head with Xball and it's gotta stop.

I don't give a monkey's what format we adopt but Gadget has pretty much identified the areas that need addressing.
for me 7man is and always has been the best most strategic format and I miss it terribly!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
for me 7man is and always has been the best most strategic format and I miss it terribly!
The choice to go back to 7 man isn't so much for the fact it's a lot more strategic but it is the most expedient choice in terms of finances.
And it is this consideration that makes it so crucial we go back to 7-man.

Unfortunately, commonsense isn't gonna dictate where we go in terms of format adoption.
This direction is decided upon by us always seemingly mimicking what goes on in the US.
To be more accurate, what goes on in the PSP.

The Millennium guys adopt what they feel is the best format in terms of political expediency rather than what's best for our teams ....... think about this for a moment because it's important and here's why.

We in the UK tend to follow what's happening in the Millennium and so ..... and so what?

It's not difficult to acknowledge the inherent problems in this arrangement not least of which is our slavish adherence to following the PSP regardless of whether it's good for us or not.

Time for a rethink?
Time to grow some balls and sack up?

The irony is, our fate isn't really embedded with the PSP at all, our fate is inextricably linked with the Millennium guys and if you are aware of certain 'political' positions shall we say, it might well be the right time for them to take stock of what's important and to rethink the political landscape.

And it is the latter that is so difficult for the Millennium guys to work out because they have been closely linked with the US for so long and it is a link that effects every single hat these Millennium guys care to put on.

I am not gonna flesh out the finer details of the circumstances here because it will serve little purpose and cause more trouble than it's worth but it's fair to say, the Millennium guys have a choice to make ... we shall no doubt see if they have spherical sized objects residing between their knees or not.

ASYLUMKILLER!

Jul 18, 2009
asylum paintball manchester
The choice to go back to 7 man isn't so much for the fact it's a lot more strategic but it is the most expedient choice in terms of finances.
And it is this consideration that makes it so crucial we go back to 7-man.

Unfortunately, commonsense isn't gonna dictate where we go in terms of format adoption.
This direction is decided upon by us always seemingly mimicking what goes on in the US.
To be more accurate, what goes on in the PSP.

The Millennium guys adopt what they feel is the best format in terms of political expediency rather than what's best for our teams ....... think about this for a moment because it's important and here's why.

We in the UK tend to follow what's happening in the Millennium and so ..... and so what?

It's not difficult to acknowledge the inherent problems in this arrangement not least of which is our slavish adherence to following the PSP regardless of whether it's good for us or not.

Time for a rethink?
Time to grow some balls and sack up?

The irony is, our fate isn't really embedded with the PSP at all, our fate is inextricably linked with the Millennium guys and if you are aware of certain 'political' positions shall we say, it might well be the right time for them to take stock of what's important and to rethink the political landscape.

And it is the latter that is so difficult for the Millennium guys to work out because they have been closely linked with the US for so long and it is a link that effects every single hat these Millennium guys care to put on.

I am not gonna flesh out the finer details of the circumstances here because it will serve little purpose and cause more trouble than it's worth but it's fair to say, the Millennium guys have a choice to make ... we shall no doubt see if they have spherical sized objects residing between their knees or not.
A very good answer Robbo, I just hope that the powers that be listen to you mate!

ps...... really good to see you at the CPPS yesterday mate!

Revolt

Monkey features
Dec 10, 2005
Scotland
Visit site
I think its just all the old people who want to change the format because x-ball requires you to be pretty fit *hides*

And I dont play tournament paintball for fun, I play to win and beat people....

*edit* I do agree with whoever said there should be no coaching though, communicating is another skill, sucks when someone has prior warning of a mugging run

Potter Loki

Mar 18, 2007
Essex
I think its just all the old people who want to change the format because x-ball requires you to be pretty fit *hides*

And I dont play tournament paintball for fun, I play to win and beat people....

*edit* I do agree with whoever said there should be no coaching though, communicating is another skill, sucks when someone has prior warning of a mugging run
You need to be fit to play any format at a competative level, some people are fitter than others in this format, and everyone plays to win, its just nice to have a proper laugh doing it.... sometimes this is lost in race to

Revolt

Monkey features
Dec 10, 2005
Scotland
Visit site
You need to be fit to play any format at a competative level, some people are fitter than others in this format, and everyone plays to win, its just nice to have a proper laugh doing it.... sometimes this is lost in race to
hmmm, Sometimes up here we have a scrim night with 5on5 games, just for fun, it quickly turns into 'everyone bursting lungs to win games' fest.... maybe just because were used to travelling from glasgow to play tournaments, 4-5 hours in a car, we aint in the mindset of going for a day out of fun in the park type thing and dont want to waste our weekend+effort+money to not win games, i guess our 'fun' comes at the end in the car home talking about the games we won :confused: