Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tournament you wish you'd played

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
Ok, could just be an event or even a training session. Which ballin event do you wish you had played?

Me? Thanks for asking. I got two.

First up, Toulouse. Never got to play it and at the time everyone said it was THE Euro event to play. All the big boys came out and had a proper 'Event' vibe.

Second, my boys on Shock 04 had a training day at Bob Long's Ranch. Playing with Bob Long's, KAPP, Miami Effect and a few others. Fuuuuuuuuck I wish I'd have been there.

Anyway. Who's next? Small or big, doesn't matter, educate us.

Reactions: LATHAM

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
HB. Closest I got was Ballin' on the Beach at Blackpool.

TBH, If I was offered the choice between the money to go out & play HB, and the money to put on another event at Blackpool, I'd take Blackpool.

Last edited:

LATHAM

FIGHTIN' MACHINE™
Gotta be Huntington Beach when it first kicked off. Looked like the paintball event that we all dreamed paintball should have looked like.

On the beach, media everywhere, spectators and it seemed to fit in with the whole Cali sports coolness. Damn I so wanted to play that.

Next one is when Al and Shock played one of the millenium events that wasn't Xball. Can't even remember which one (probably cos I try to forget I wasn't part of it), but they did real good. Thing was, 7man was my joint and I passed on it. Wish I'd gone on that one :(

At least I trained at Bob Longs ranch though. I'd have hated to have missed that one ;)

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
Madrid 04 brother man, missed ya brother, really did. Hacky sack with Marcus Nielson was fun...as was shooting him.

That went was a belter, we managed to beat all the teams we couldn't as K2 - Ton Tons, Scalp, Millennium, Arsenal...still couldn't do Tigers though, but of a shock bogey team.

Back on subject, HB is a mega shout! I don't think tournament ball has ever been put on such an epic plateau as it was that year. When it didn't pick up I think the big wigs shoulda realised it aint a good idea to spend a **** load pursuing the TV side of things.

World Cup is still the big one. If we got the chance man...be hard to pass up.

Reactions: LATHAM

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
The Mayhem Masters back in the early 90's
Ditto

Our team could never raise enough or cash for entry fees or paint to afford to play Mayhem :(

Wish we had managed it at least once. 1993/94 was the closest we came but still couldn't 100% commit a full team. We discussed it with some of the unsponsored amateur teams that did play, and the paint costs alone were staggering if you managed to qualify for the finals on the last day.

Last edited: