Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

TPN Bravo One® Tactical

Luton Assassin

Apr 26, 2012
i did think that too .... are they reliable though....and user friendly....its not for myself a friend is looking to get one

Sir Mike

of Smeg.
Aug 7, 2011
Worcester
Being a Tippmann it'll be reliable, that's for damn sure, but a couple of problems I found being a Sierra One owner (for about the last 12 months and is my primary marker) were:

Weight: these suckers pack some mass. When I first used mine I had the bottle on the marker and nothing else and found my arms (my controlling arm especially) would cramp out after about 5 hours play at a scenario event. Also being a 2 piece receiver and not modular like, say the X7 or BT 4/Delta markers it's really difficult to strip weight from it besides changing the internals (the stock firing bolt being the heaviest internal part there).
So my only advice on this front, if you get one of course, is to get a battle pack or combat vest that you can mount your bottle into, get a remote line, a forward grip (so you can spread the weight across both hands as well as improve barrel control) and get a sling. Single point bungie or mill-spec 3-point sling, doesn't really matter so long as it spreads the weight out.

Now this issue is really more a personal gripe than an actual issue.

The noise: when it fires it's like a jackhammer going off. I swear to god it echos in the receiver when the bolt slams forward. There was a time when I thought it was just me but at the latest walk-on I went to a couple of weeks ago one of the guys (new member Fragle, happens to be selling an Etek if anyone's interested. Just go to the for sale section) came over to me and said "jesus mate, that thing's got a unique sound to it, I could pin point where you were in the field without spotting you each time you fired, so bloody loud! CLANK CLANK CLANK...". It was only a friendly observation but it hit home that, being the only person that goes to my site with one of these, I make a massive target of myself (the fact I'm 6' 5" means I don't need anymore help there).
So if you're planning on using the e-trigger on it (or r-trigger if you carry the air for it), then seriously consider upgrading the internals for lighter and quieter materials. It'll also reduce any kick that you experience depending on your overall physical strength.

Apart from that, customization and 'tacticool' features are in abundance so long as you don't mind it looking like anything other than a US Military weapon, trying to turn it into an AK is next to impossible with the receiver type it has, it'll just look stupid. For example, at the moment I'm working my way towards AKM/AEG/ACR style with Magpul parts.

Hope this helps you out with your decision matey.

EDIT: Just saw how I necrotised this post so you probably made your choice already but for new members or people that are wondering the same thing, I hope this helps them out. DOH!!! :whistle:

Last edited: