Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

TPN Sierra One vs BT Delta?

Gallarian

Apr 8, 2013
Hey guys,

Cant decide which one of these two markers to get; TPN Sierra One or BT Delta (not the elite version).
I did hear that the Delta's stock 8.5" barrel can be inaccurate.

Has any one got any thoughts?

(Price is not a factor in deciding asI can get either one for the same)

Cheers!
Joe

diaboro919

Crimson Baller
Jun 14, 2012
Dorset
hey Joe

ive had experiance with both markers and for me, i go with the Delta only because for me its lighter, can add a rip clip to it (dont get on with cyclones very well :p) and doesnt seem as air hungry as the Sierra. but thats just me :D

if you can, try them both either in a shop or a walkon site. get a feel for each marker :)

each marker has pros and cons

Sierra
a tad cumbersome due to length (shroud can be removed and stock is folding so easily solved :D), stock barrel for me was a little iffy (inaccurate at mid-long range and sometimes close) but can easily be replaced (98 thread), love the folding stock.
recommended upgrades: cyclone or rip clip (rip would need to be the 98 version to fit proper as im led to believe, need to confirm), stock barrel to maybe a apex or even a Hammerhead and maybe remote line the air tank (would need tank pack or tac vest). i think you can possibly get a reg or maybe an on/off but unsure

Delta
essentially a Combat with Delta on name plate and MP5 shroud and mag. stock barrel a little short for my liking and has been inaccurate from time to time (so i changed mine xD), nice sliding stock and like the Sierra, good milsim look :D
recommended upgrades: RIP CLIP :D almost a must have for any BT marker! (unless you have an elec hopper e.g. rotor, halo etc) good solid feedrate and easily stops no feeding or chops in the chamber (chops, it can happen but very rarely for me ),stock barrel for maybe apex, hammerhead or even a freak kit (BT/A5/X7 thread),

diaboro919

Crimson Baller
Jun 14, 2012
Dorset
really hate this tablet -.- cant edit or move down once written a comment >.<

anywho, like i said both have their pros and cons so its a personal choice.
i will say however, if you go for the delta, consider going to the delta elite mechanical version. assuming your buying new, for roughly £85 extra (using Just Paintball pricing as a rough guide, im sure other shops have similar prices or whatnot) your getting a rip clip (£74 roughly, JP guide again) and an apex one barrel (£30, JP) so you are saving a bit of money (around £19 which could go towards paint or whatnot)

hope this helps :D

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
Sons got a Delta elite,bought second hand.
He likes it ,rip clip broke paint once on a v cold day( everyone was having problems that day).
Other than that he really likes it,his has Apex barrel which he likes playing with.
Uses a sling on long days,bottle on his back .
I've serviced it fiddly to strip at first,but gets easier when done a couple of times and watched u tube vid.

Gallarian

Apr 8, 2013
Thanks for your help guys :)

So basically is comes down to 1) Looks 2) Weight 3) Upgrades

1) I think I prefer the Sierras looks, Im more of an Assault Rifle guy :)

2) Personally, Id like a marker with a bit of weight to it - Ive just passed the Army basic training in the Officer Training Corps so Im used to lugging around a SA80 for hours, so anything will be lighter than that! haha

3) The two seem to equal in the performance upgrades category, but the Sierra comes with picatinny rails so I can add visual upgrades easily.

So it looks like the Sierra wins it for me guys!

Thanks again

Reactions: diaboro919

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
i dont mean to be a pain... but i would go for a tippmann a5.. u can mod it to be anything at all.. plus the cyclone isnt too air hungry.. there also bombproof :)