Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Trading Rules

Jim Jam

Dusty's #1 Fan!
Jan 4, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
Hi Mod's can a Mod please explain to me about Rule 10 in the Forsale section of this forum, as it seems to change with a persons take on it.
My take is the first person to offer asking price gets the goods even if there is lower offers on the thread that have not been accepted. This however could be wrong which is why i'm asking.

Last edited:

admin

Administrator
Jul 2, 2001
The person selling can sell to whoever he likes. So no, just because you offered the asking price first doesn't mean you get the item.

Actually now I read it, how can there be any confusion?

Rule 10 ) "* The first person to offer the ASKING price MAY get the goods even if there are offers already tabled but not accepted, (it remains the sellers right to decide what offer to take)."

Last edited:

Jim Jam

Dusty's #1 Fan!
Jan 4, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
The person selling can sell to whoever he likes. So no, just because you offered the asking price first doesn't mean you get the item.

Actually now I read it, how can there be any confusion?

Rule 10 ) "* The first person to offer the ASKING price MAY get the goods even if there are offers already tabled but not accepted, (it remains the sellers right to decide what offer to take)."
The confusion stands behind bit of offers and when somone offers over asking price because someone else offered asking price before them but the seller hasn't been on to check his sale so no offer of asking price is accepted.
The way the rules sound (to me, it changes on different peoples views) is that if a person offers lower than the asking price and another offers asking price the person who offers the asking price will get the goods even if there is offers that have not been accepted which lets the seller decided on the higher offer. However i didn't think that if you offer to pay over the asking price because you were too slow or couldn't afford it when you first offered, that you would be able to get the item, and if the other person offers more than you then you enter a bidding war which again i thought was not the point of this rule.
I thank you for clearing this up for me.

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
I think the key word here is "MAY"

At the end of the day it's down to the seller to accept whichever offer they choose.

However, as it states, it's unless an offer has already been accepted. It's a bit off to accept an offer and to then back track because someone offered 50p (or £20 or whatever) more....

It's always seemed pretty straight forward to me.

Jim Jam

Dusty's #1 Fan!
Jan 4, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
I think the key word here is "MAY"

At the end of the day it's down to the seller to accept whichever offer they choose.

However, as it states, it's unless an offer has already been accepted. It's a bit off to accept an offer and to then back track because someone offered 50p (or £20 or whatever) more....

It's always seemed pretty straight forward to me.
When it said 'MAY' I thought it meant as in they may get the item if a lower offer isn't accepted, as i say it depends on peoples takes on it as i'm not the only one but now i know.
Thanks for clearing it up Fraser and Bon (Admin).