Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Training Drills.

Sturm707

Feb 18, 2004
www.gunslingerspaintball.com
One of my least favorite drills involves breaking out to your primary bunker. It starts off with one player on each side. One of the players makes the runout while the opposing player tries to lane him/her. When that is done, the number of shooters on the one side increases to two and so on and so on. This teaches you how to get to your bunker in a more effective manor. This is my all time least favorite drill, but it taught me how to get to my bunker while under fire and not get hit too often. BTW, it also inspired me to hate my teammates shooting skills as well :). Yes, it's frustrating as hell at first, but you will notice a difference on your breakout. Cheers, hope this will help.

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
Dont bother snap shooting at boards!

Snap shoot at each other, from not too far away. Then when your sloppy you know about it, because you get the **** shot out of you.

Also you can get players who are'nt snap shooting to lie down inbetween the bunkers and comment on your profile, and let you know where you are going wrong.

It hurts like hell to begin with, but after time you will find yourself not getting hit as much.

:)

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
there's some things i learned about snap shooting, that made it work for me.
1. the action of rolling out and pulling the trigger happen almost at the same time. if it's the same brain function there will appear to be no delay.
2. you've already made your decision to shoot once you move, your gun is already aimed from behind the bunker, and all you have to do is roll and pull the trigger, NO AIMING once you're out because you don't have enough time to aim. (i've also found that trying to aim quickly hinders accuracy).
3. Snap shooting is a 1 inch punch! Bruce Lee style. Speed comes from the balls of your feet, and flows thru your body.
4. Like Golf, the follow thru is super important. In snap shooting you have to race the ball to the target. You should NEVER see if your paint hits the target or not. If you move faster than the paintball, it's impossible for someone to react to you and shoot you. The only way you can get shot, snap shooting properly, is to roll out into paint that's alreay inbound.
5. snap shooting is the basis for all static shooting in paintball. Tight profile, hold your gun properly, relax your body. It's all there.

that's my view on it anyhow.

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
oh, and practice;
you gotta do something like 10 000 times to make it a natural instinct. If you did 10 000 individual snap shots, PROPERLY in a row, you'd be a mad killer, you'd just be snap shooting your way thru teams!
that's 10 boxes of paint, at £30 a box?

you could spend £300 on getting a new gun, or spend the money on paint to practice and get good.

i'd add, that snap shooting at targets only is not enough (sort of agreeing with BUrb here).
You have to build the skill up, but basically here's a test for how good you're doing.

have someone post on you from behind a bunker. Now snap out and shoot the target, and snap in again. The guy posting has to try and shoot you only when he sees you. If you're faster than his reflex to pull the trigger, and faster than the paintball comming at you, then you're doing good. The guy snapping out should never get shot, and the guy posting should be getting drilled, if you're snap shooting properly.

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Dominate by choice, snap your way to dominating if you have to. If you are having to snap a lot in a back bunker, you are getting dominated. Back guys should be hard to put in- that's when the other teams' front guys do shenanigans.

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
back guys ( a totally bogus concept in the first place IMO) will also need good snap shooting/ dominating skills for the end game too.
A good back player will find himself on the 50s at the end game while his bunker monkeys are moving into the other team's half. When you get closer to your opponants, reaction time and snap shooting become super important.

'Classic' back players are useless, read any article by Skiny Kevin on playing from the back and you'll see that the best back players get in close for the end game and do 'front player' type things.

Skinny K also reckons that the best back players think like front players, and are often 'frustrated front players' who have to start from the back but get their asses up the field asap.

When you get close, snap shooting, dominating, and reaction time become critical, and if you don't have them then you might as well not bother playing the game. What's the point in trying to shoot someone out at the other end of the field, when he has all the time in the world to dodge your paint?
Get up there and blast him in the grill, before he has a chance to duck back in?

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
While I agree with some of the points RM makes, it can come unstuck when a backplayer is not sure how to play a situation.

Yes thats whats trainings for so it does mean a lot of work to get your back players better and more aggressive but teams can come unstuck if a back player is unsure of himself out of position