Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Training in the Off Season

gn0m

Jun 29, 2014
Hi, what do You think about Practice in the Off Season? What's the Best to geht prepared and Not burned?

Stephen

RIP Topcats
Apr 27, 2008
Hertfordshire
Drills, drills, and more drills! The off-season is the best time to work on the fundamental skills of the game.

Now that teams won't be dying for time on a specific layout in the lead up to an event, getting field time is much easier so it's the best time to take advantage and build on the basics - snapshooting, laning, running and gunning, sliding etc.

I'd always recommend a good training routine outside of paintball as well. So hit the gym, get running, go swimming, do whatever you fancy but keep yourself active. It's very easy over winter to become stagnant and put the weight on. You'll thank yourself for it come the new season!

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
There are two schools of thought about practice:-

1. What I think.
2. What everyone else thinks.

My views are as follows:-

In the offseason, you should concentrate on eating as much as humanly possible. That gives you November, December and January to stuff yourself full of junk food.

Then, when February hits, hit the gym for 4 weeks solid. Like those talking picture actors do when they're gittin' ready to play a part. Also, work on the paintball basics like the gentleman above said.

And then, come next March, you'll either be match fit or dead from heart failure.