Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Transporting Kit When Playing Abroad

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Probably Licking AL France...
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone knew what Easyjet were like with regards to taking air/markers on flights? Toulouse next weekend and if I cant pack my gear I'll have to sort out other plans.

This is what easyjet's website says:

Gas cylinders. Deeply refrigerated flammable, non-flammable, and poisonous gases such as butane, oxygen, propane, and aqualung cylinders. Includes butane gas (eg for use with heated hair appliances) camping gas, and chef's blow torches

I just don't know if that would include air bottles with separate regs?

Freddie Brockdorff

Olva the Berserker
Aug 22, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Paintball gear/air tanks is NOT a problem with Easy Jet - I've been flying with them on 3 different occations within the last 1/2 year, and there's never been any problems!

Do however part the reg from the bottle..... But yeah I would suggest doing that everytime you going flying! :)

Hey mate,

First off, stop over thinking this. Dont worry.

Pack your bag as normal.

DO NOT MENTION PAINTBALL

Disconnect the bottle from the reg and leave it open in your bag. It has little to do with gas and everything to do with the fact that bottles do not xray well. It comes up as a suspicious lump of metal. They will probably want to look inside.

DO NOT MENTION PAINTBALL

Take the battery out of your gun, to stop any alarms buzzers lights etc going off. Take the barrel off. Make it look as least like a gun as you can.

DO NOT MENTION PAINTBALL

There is a theme that runs through this post that is the most important part of playing abroad. If you mention what it is that is in your bag, they will not know what you mean. They will then have to ask questions, fill in forms etc. They do not want to do this. Instead they will just say that it is not permitted, regardless of what their guidelines say.

Airlines do not want hassle, nor do you. I also like to stick a copy of pgi on the top of my bag incase anyone opens it to have a look.

Hope this helps!!!!!

I forgot to mention that under no circumstances ring the airline. The last lot of idiots that did this led to ryan air making it very clear that no paintball kit could be carried!

A quick search of this forum will throw up a nice long thread about this subject.

G

Gassy

1st Apologies to the posters whos comments i have deleted but I have been asked to turn this thread into a sticky and have left only the relevant posts.

2nd Please only post if you have had experiance taking your kit abroad and do not post what you think just what you know.

Gassy

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I flew into Northern ireland, which has totally seperate gun laws to the rest of the UK with absolutely no hassles at all.

In manchester, my bag was searched due to the bottle showing up on xray. It had to go through outsize baggage and all bags there are scanned.

The security chap was spot on and once he spotted the "valve" had been removed the air bottle was allowed on.

Paintballs you may have left over are NOT permitted on the plane as hand luggage, but you may get away with it in hold luggage.

RainbowShooter

Drop the gun, fat boy.
Oct 12, 2006
St Albans, Hertfordshire
I flew into Northern ireland, which has totally separate gun laws to the rest of the UK with absolutely no hassles at all.

In manchester, my bag was searched due to the bottle showing up on xray. It had to go through outsize baggage and all bags there are scanned.

The security chap was spot on and once he spotted the "valve" had been removed the air bottle was allowed on.

Paintballs you may have left over are NOT permitted on the plane as hand luggage, but you may get away with it in hold luggage.
Why can't you take paintballs in your hand luggage may I ask?

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
They believe that they are filled with the same paint you put on your walls, which is on their hazardous chemicals list. something to do with it being flammable.

We got to keep the pots, and told the guy not to dump them, they were great fun for throwing at walls!!

MTA

Feb 15, 2007
woodhatch , reigate
dont ask me why i know this !

polices drug dogs go abit funny when they smell the paint out of a paintball so i wouldnt have any in ur bag that might brake ok:D