Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Trigger Bounce in the UK

LEE RED HEAT

Banned
Feb 21, 2002
Visit site
trigger bounce

the making a trigger move a certain amount of travel would not make a bit of diference as my trigger on my angel ir3 has a fare amount of travel in it this is how i like it so it feels like a proper trigger but when i need the extra paint spray i know where i can get the trigger to work at its best i just pull the trigger in so it is on the micro switch and without returning the full amount for each shot i just hold the pressure constant and the marker does the rest it ROCKS to me quite legal all i am doing is toggeling the micro switch. Every angel owner knows the guns rock this way not trigger bouncing but yes i do agree with the fact that fully auto is a no no but people do learn how to get the most out of the marker to me this is quite legal ;)
as anyone can pick my marker up and fire it one shot per pull on trigger but after shooting the marker for some time eventually you will learn how to get the marker working at its best ;)

R

raehl

And holding the trigger to repeatedly activate the microswitch that repeatedly activates the marker is different than holding the trigger to repeatedly activate a circuit that activates the marker how?

That's exactly the kind of trigger that should be illegal.

- Chris

Crusher

Wondering whats next??
Mar 11, 2002
Illinois
Check check check

Well does posting here remove trigger bounce guilt or just create a list of markers to double check next time we play?

Why don't we all agree to agree on a test/limit/trigger spec to work to.
The length of stroke
Activation point in that stroke
return spring strength
whatever, can we set a standard????

go-one

Adding to the debate!

Originally posted by Bully

Secondly there was a suggestion (from America and I can't remember who sent me the e mail) some time ago that to ensure the trigger was set with a resistance - if you held the marker upright and hung a small weight (a few grams) on the trigger it should not move (fire) What is the significance of this ??? Well it shows that the player must excert a force on the trigger to make it move and therefore it will alwys return to the "forward" position.

This would prevent triggers being made exceptionally light and the chance of accidental firing. You have all seen the player who puts his marker on the table and it fires!!! some of this can be attributted to a very fine trigger setting and no resistance on the trigger.

Steve
This is done in compatition shooting where there is a set minimum trigger pressure. Not sugesting we start trying to be real gun shooters just an example of a rule to prevent unsafe 'tweeking'

Oct 4, 2001
all over
Visit site
WHAT THE FU*K IS THE POINT OF A MARSHAL HITTING THE BACK OF A MARKER !!!!!!! would you go round kicking peoples cars to see if they will go over the speed limit!!!!!!!

ok its not the same thing but this topic is really begining to piss me off..........and im on cook$'s side!!!!

A) its a really expensive piece of kit up to £1500!!!!!
B) its not his!!!!! im a marshal and i dont go round smacking ppls markers
C) show me a player that sits in a game and gets his gun to bounce by hitting the back!!!!!!
D) a guy is on the trigger at 13-17 bps then how can you tell if hes pulling every time
E) who mugs a guy by lightly tapping the trigger.....its a rush and ur hard on the trigger for each shot!!!!!!!

only if you can get it to bounce off one light trigger pull (ie the recoil) should eyebrows be raised........

reading thoes rules for testing bounce.......how long does that take.....are they planning to have one game a day!!!!! oh my god!!!!

i dont have all the answers but this is getting out of hand........:mad: :mad:

personaly i would have playerd against cook$ marker neday:mad:

brian

BUNKER MONKEY
Aug 16, 2001
SoBored
Visit site
good point

Well said,if a little unsubtle,but the point is made,people should learn to shoot more accurately(no need 4 bps) or practice shooting faster without "bouncing".......Brian....my thoughts are not my own,they only come when i,m alone.............:cool:

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
Originally posted by Cowboy
WHAT THE FU*K IS THE POINT OF A MARSHAL HITTING THE BACK OF A MARKER !!!!!!! would you go round kicking peoples cars to see if they will go over the speed limit!!!!!!!

ok its not the same thing but this topic is really begining to piss me off..........and im on cook$'s side!!!!

A) its a really expensive piece of kit up to £1500!!!!!
B) its not his!!!!! im a marshal and i dont go round smacking ppls markers
C) show me a player that sits in a game and gets his gun to bounce by hitting the back!!!!!!
D) a guy is on the trigger at 13-17 bps then how can you tell if hes pulling every time
E) who mugs a guy by lightly tapping the trigger.....its a rush and ur hard on the trigger for each shot!!!!!!!

only if you can get it to bounce off one light trigger pull (ie the recoil) should eyebrows be raised........

reading thoes rules for testing bounce.......how long does that take.....are they planning to have one game a day!!!!! oh my god!!!!

i dont have all the answers but this is getting out of hand........:mad: :mad:

personaly i would have playerd against cook$ marker neday:mad:
Cowboy - At the second leg of the M25 series I was Chrono Marshal for two fields (out of three, due to someone not bringing two chrono's when they said they would)
Every players marker was chrono'd on-field, I took the marker from the player to chrono and whilst I was firing, if I felt the trigger would bounce - I would very quickly perform the test (takes about 15-20 seconds) - Result, only one marker all day was bouncing (fired two shots on the pull, and one on the release:rolleyes: )

Yes there were problems with the schedule at that leg - if there had been 3 chrono stations, I feel that problem would have been lessened. But with proper planning, it can be made to work and for safety's sake, I hope it is.

Or would you like to be knocked unconcious by multiple hits to ther forehead/temple?

The 'hitting a players marker' thing is to stop stupidly short and light hair triggers from discharging when a marker is in the safe zone - IT'S A SAFETY ISSUE - or don't you care about safety? Tell you what, lets go back to playing without facemasks:rolleyes:

R

raehl

I think what he'd like...

Is to have a paintgun glued to the side of the mask controlled by a wireless button i his hand - whenever he pressed the butto or shook his head hard enough the marker would fire.

God forbid players actually have to PULL THE TRIGGERS on their markers. THE HORROR!

- Chris