Trigger Bounce in the UK

brian

BUNKER MONKEY
Aug 16, 2001
SoBored
Visit site
Hmmmm

Originally posted by Cowboy
brian if it was ur angel that was left at koth then i kon what you mean about it falling appart.....but it wasnt me:rolleyes:
je voudrais un angel du speed avec wiggly wiggly,yes it is my angel so be careful as its very delicate due to the only time i got the trigger to bounce was when i launched down the field still attached to the gun!!!!n,est pas!....cu at rnd 6 is it?:D :D

blakey

been there, done it.....
Sep 24, 2001
Off the field, way off
Visit site
At present

We at the MM are acutely aware of the issues around trigger bounce, we introduced a simple test and are monitoring the results.
If a marshal suspects a marker of bouncing, a simple quick check by pulling the trigger is administered, if the marker cycles more than one ball, the player is eliminated.
No perfect, and we do need a standard test right across paintball, so there is no confusion on the issue.

I like the suggestion that it can be incorporated into the crono checks, via three differing trigger pulls.
This has the potential to become a serious issue, and I would appreciate it if the flippant comments ceased, and a more positive tone was adopted.

These forums are an excellent way of debating issues and working together to provide sensible solutions, so please lets use them for that purpose, and for the good of our sport.

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
i was talking about trigger bounce a couple weeks ago with a couple of rec players, they hadnt heard of it at all, so i showed them, and taking both their markers (spyders i think) i got both of them to fire full auto by sweet spotting the trigger....fact is ANY electro trigger is capable of bounceing off your finger and causing the marker to fire again etc......i havnt found any type of electro trigger that i havnt managed to do this with....the illegal part of trigger bounce is not the fact that electro triggers CAN bounce but a player exploiting it...

...then there are badly tuned triggers, which fire more than once with each stright pull...now THAT is illegal
and yes triggers can be easily tuned so that the sweet spot is easier to find and hold....i can set my impys trigger so short and light that any fool can sweetspot it....but i dont

as for marshalls slapping peoples markers to get them to fire...that is total bs who the hell hits their marker during a game? if some marshal decides he wants to start slapping over a grands worth of my gear he/she is gonna get a gob full!

just my 2p *clink*

LEE RED HEAT

Banned
Feb 21, 2002
Visit site
trigger bounce

personally guys i think we are all opening a can of worms on this one and at the moment as blakey has said i think it is best left alone for the good of the sport
and personally we have not had any probs at the mids masters and heard of no major issues on trigger bounce so if we can guys lets leave it alone or all that is going to happen is whenever you get on the field every marshall is going to be testing every single gun for bounce hence makes the day longer and the sport harder
the last thing i and my teams want to do is turn up an extra 10 min before every game so a marshall can test every gun for bounce
peace
lee red heat

As Mr Pink says these are saftey issues we should all not be exceeding 300fps that breaks the law, we should only be firing 1 ball per burst of gas and triger pull any thing else breaks the law.

As a trained chornie marshal, one of 9 I am aware of how to test for tringer bounce and last time I found one it left a painfull dent in my finger. My finger didn't move but boy did that trigger!

If you take on the responciblity of chorhinie marsahl and any thing went wrong it's your name on the line. As organiser again if any thing goes wrong it's neck on the line time.

Ok so ballers don't sue ballers. My daughter fell through a pallett into a pit cut and bruised her self very badly at a tourney but we didn't sue. If it had been joe public there would have been a diffrent out come.

Prior to being trained at world cup I was lent a rase trigger cocker it was leathal and scarred the si*t out of me! it even managed to shoot off the condom whilst walking across the site!:eek:

These are the saftey issues we are talking about I was lucky not to take some ones eye out mine included I wasn't banging it just walking.

A marker that fires with out a trigger being pulled is a very grey area. Trigger bounce is as clear as day when you find that "sweet spot" it sings out you can hear it on the feild and feel it on your finger.

Godlike player

May 12, 2003
kent uk
Visit site
If you read the firearms act on whats a full auto firearm is supposed to be it states any firearm capable of more than one shot per cycle of the trigger . Quote ANY FIREARM
A paintball gun is not a firearm in the first place unless it fires over 12 Ft Lbs so no its not illigal for full auto in a paintball gun unless its over 12 ft lbs muzzle energy.