The Home Of European Paintball

True Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyroLX

Kowabunga Dude!
Oct 14, 2007
Athens, GR
Recorded delivery m8 the only way to go for piece of mind xtra 70p-ish well worth it in my book.
Tommorrow I'm putting in a claim for a lost recorded item with a postal order inside,same had to wait 15 days(really due 24th),so it's not just 1 st class they lose,but at least recorded is traceable...;)
All packages are traceable, just not for the public. I went to my post office because of a huge delay with the receipt number of the parcel and they told me to go to the parcel dept. Went there, they put the number in their PC and ta-da. A list of every single stop it made and where it was this very moment. ;)

T

TendringLOEB

Aye, already decided upon this.

I think I've actually lost more money through replacing/refunding lost items than I would if I'd sent every single letter,parcel or package with a recorded delivery sticker on it :(

Lesson learnt. Counting down the days till the RM fold ;)
So did you send Fredo a replacement set then?

true_death

Free Agent..
Jul 16, 2006
M.I.A
The original package as far as I am aware did not show up.

So I sent him a replacement last Tuesday with some free goodies, and Andy was worried that this wasn't going to turn up either. But it appears to have arrived today.

Cheers
J

Fredo

www.lokipb.co.uk
I agree I received a set of pads & a couple of freebie "good will" items as well to which I send thanks......

The only problem I have understanding the sending of the package is where it was sent 13th November (last Tuesday as stated) but yet the Franking Mark is clearly 19th November 07???????????????????????

I've got my stuff & will make my own opinion - Who am I to argue.......!!!!! ????

Andy/Fredo
LOKI/Combat

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
All packages are traceable, just not for the public. I went to my post office because of a huge delay with the receipt number of the parcel and they told me to go to the parcel dept. Went there, they put the number in their PC and ta-da. A list of every single stop it made and where it was this very moment. ;)
Agreed but that doesn't count for them losing any does it.
Anything above stad postage is usally insured aswell...safe:D

T

TendringLOEB

I agree I received a set of pads & a couple of freebie "good will" items as well to which I send thanks......

The only problem I have understanding the sending of the package is where it was sent 13th November (last Tuesday as stated) but yet the Franking Mark is clearly 19th November 07???????????????????????

I've got my stuff & will make my own opinion - Who am I to argue.......!!!!! ????

Andy/Fredo
LOKI/Combat
Can any posties shed some light on franking marks? One would assume that they are added when the item is posted, at the office. However I'd like to know for sure before I start telling true death to get his **** together.

Can any posties shed some light on franking marks? One would assume that they are added when the item is posted, at the office. However I'd like to know for sure before I start telling true death to get his **** together.
Franking using an office based machine allows you to frank a package days / weeks before sending it.

A post office franking mark is added when the item is handed over at the post office. (This can be determined by the PO marking on the franking stamp.)

It is impossible for an item to be franked when it leaves the post office and starts the delivery process.

Status
Not open for further replies.