Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tsunami hits big time!!!!!

I think Chris put the point across very well...I'm often amazed at the number of people who either can't or don't want to see what it is the PA is trying to do, which is to make people aware of paintball in the UK in a positive light and hopefully increase the numbers of those who take part...pretty simple agenda really.

On the flip side, the PA is a National League, there are no two ways of looking at that, and entry was open to everyone to take part. In all fairness if you're not taking part you can't really claim to be the best in the country can you? Anyone can say "oh we're way better than they are so we don't need to prove it"...but that does wear thin after a little while. After all, anyone can talk a good job... ;)

The teams that are taking part in some respects do have a right to claim that they are one of the country's top competetive teams because playing the PA series demands a lot of time, effort hard work and commitment, no matter which division you're playing in.

I'd be interested to hear from Mr. Live Thols and hear what he's accomplished in and for the sport of paintball, short of having to replace his keyboard on a regular basis so the student at PC world earns enough commission to go rec ball with his mates on Sunday...I mean, from his posting he's obviously familar with the Basingstoke Tsunami team if news of their efforts provoked such a reaction... ;)

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
In all fairness if you're not taking part you can't really claim to be the best in the country can you?
what's the point in shooting up a bunch of local teams and saying you're the best in the country. the only people you're going to fool with that kind of BS is people who don't have a clue what you're talking about in the first place.

Basically you've just said that 'in fairness' Shockwave, Nexus and the Tigers can never be the best team in the country because the don't take part in the league?

So why don't they play the PA cup then, and just be the best team in the country? It's not like they talk a good job, they're playing in the bloody EXL ! But maybe you don't reognise that because it's not a national league.

On the flip side, the PA is a National League, there are no two ways of looking at that, and entry was open to everyone to take part.
to my knowledge there are no touraments in the UK that restrict players based on geography. By the same token the Dartford 7s, PGI 7s, and midland masters could all claim the same as the PA cup.

Sorry dude, but a tournament is only as good as the teams playing in it. Maybe some of the better teams would play if Sky Sports was actually covering the events...:rolleyes:

Hey i'm not saying the PA cup is a bad tournament, but Hatts, these claims you're making are a bit over the top mate.

Good article on Basingstoke Tsunami though, that's one of the best descriptions of Tournament paintball i've read in quite some time, much better than the Nexus article in sorted... ;)

D6

Jun 21, 2002
Nakatomi Plaza
Damn- beaten to it by Red Merkin- said exactly what I was thinking!

Think Mr Thols has a perfectly valid point- just was a bit leary in his delivery- no need to insult him Hatts.

Props to Tsunami though- is a cool piece of exposure.

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
actually Tsunami are a very good team, a solid club, and always a hard team to come up against. Proper Respectable opponants, and genuinely nice guys (and gal) too.

They do rank fairly high up in the scheme of things too, but there's a whole different level above and beyond the PA cup here in England, and Tsunami will be the first to tell you that they just can't compete with the likes of NEXUS, SHOCK and TIGERS.

edit:
re-reading the thread, Gups already said this, which is cool.

The thing is Hatts, all the people who bust their @ss to play at the highest level get pissed off when small opperators like yourself come along and 'claim' that your league's winner must be the best team in england. It makes a mockery of all the teams who simply aim to achieve more than 'brit ball'.
What ever you're smoking, pass it around buddy, cause it's clearly the good ****.
edit

LIVE THOLS

Apr 3, 2004
venezuala
P8NTBALLER.COM
Originally posted by Hatts
In all fairness if you're not taking part you can't really claim to be the best in the country can you? Anyone can say "oh we're way better than they are so we don't need to prove it"...but that does wear thin after a little while. After all, anyone can talk a good job... ;)

The teams that are taking part in some respects do have a right to claim that they are one of the country's top competetive teams because playing the PA series demands a lot of time, effort hard work and commitment, no matter which division you're playing in.
I have to say your definition of comitment is a little strange. Playing once or twice a month isn't comitment, Its barely even a hobby. If all I have to do in order to claim to be one of the best in the country is enter the PA league, then my blind deaf paraplegic cousin, could play on his own with a pgp and claim such credit? Dont be silly little man.

You seem to over inflated the value your tournament here and in your own mind. Take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

Participation means nothing, its beating the best that counts. Even more so at such a small event.

Originally posted by mikeanywhere

I appreciate your comments

Keep your pathetic, stupid comments to yourself
Please make up your mind, do you actualy have an argument? or are you just going to be angry and shout at your computer?

Originally posted by Red_Merkin
actually Tsunami are a very good team, a solid club, and always a hard team to come up against. Proper Respectable opponants, and genuinely nice guys (and gal) too.

They do rank fairly high up in the scheme of things too, but there's a whole different level above and beyond the PA cup here in England, and Tsunami will be the first to tell you that they just can't compete with the likes of NEXUS, SHOCK and TIGERS.

edit:
re-reading the thread, Gups already said this, which is cool.

The thing is Hatts, all the people who bust their @ss to play at the highest level get pissed off when small opperators like yourself come along and 'claim' that your league's winner must be the best team in england. It makes a mockery of all the teams who simply aim to achieve more than 'brit ball'.
What ever you're smoking, pass it around buddy, cause it's clearly the good ****.
edit
wow...caught a big one there :D....just sit down while I reel that one in.

You know if you guys put as much effort into supporting the UK paintball scene as you do into belittleing and bad mouthing those people who are actually trying to do something we might get somewhere...but hey...what do "small" operators like me know compared to your wealth and depth of knowledge? ;)

You guys repeatedly miss the point time & time again. You really have no understanding of what we're trying to achieve or what is really going in UK paintball. But that's OK. As long as your happy in your own self congratulating little worlds then I guess we can all smile and go on about our own business...

The thing is Red...there a lot more people "busting their @ss" to play the best they can, competeing to be the best they can be. THAT is a top competitor.

Just because someone isn't throwing hundreds of free cases of paint at these guys and free toys and the fact that they might have lives outside of paintball doesn't alter the fact that they want to compete as best they can in their chosen sport.

Nexus, Shock and Tigers? Pardon me...I didn't realise they were the only paintball teams in the country that matter. I know. I'll just pack up my tin pot operation and we'll all bask in their glory...after all if us "small time" operators can never be as good as them what's the point in playing at all?

And if you would be so kind as to actually read EVERYTHING I've said, I have NEVER claimed that the winners of the PA are the "best team in the country". Such "claims" that I allegedly said such things were in fact made by other people who strangely have nothing at all to do with the PA. The only claim I made is that the winners will hold the title National Champions. Which they will....and Manchester Union currently does.

By your argument we may as well not have the FA League as EUFA is such a bigger and more impotrant competition that the FA doesn't matter. Lets just sack all the teams that don't play European football cos they're obviously not as good as those that do.

I don't believe for one second it makes a mockery of what the teams playing Europe or the USA are doing, but what I find offensive is your suggestion that it does.

To address another point...the other series in the UK, which I would like to point out the PA fully supports, are distinctly regional. Whilst having no restrictions on geography they are generally referred to as the South West, South East, Midlands & Nothern Leagues and in truth you will find only rare exceptions from outside of those regions taking part and even then not with regularity. So yes I do say the PA is the only National League in the country because we have teams from all over the UK competeing (note that...very important word that...competeing)every month.

These teams also compete in their regional tourneys and support them as well. They also train, they travel and they dedicate themselves to the best of their abilites...and finances...a significant part of which ends up sponsoring the teams you already mentioned.

And I see Mr. Live Thols for all his insight is still cowering behind his made up name...and still hasn't answered my question...I'm impressed tho..."silly little man"...wow, you must have spent hours thinking up that one :D...difficult to type tho with a keyboard full of vomit I imagine. You'll really have to do better than that to catch this fish :D

But I'll answer your point. The PA is important. I haven't over inflated the value of anything, but sadly it's important for reasons I doubt someone like you will ever understand.

Actually I kind of pity you.

Duncster

uber-spect8or!
Jul 7, 2001
Kettering
Visit site
Come on guys - what are we PBNATION???!!!

This really isn't necessary, but if you really wanna get picky, the exact quote was:

"Basingstoke Tsunami are among the country's top competitive paintball teams."

So - how many teams are there in the UK? not including the EXL teams, and how any of them would you count as being better than Tsunami?? How many are worse?? Are they among the top 50 %?

Do we really care?? it's a good bit of publicity guys!!! Sort the rest out with PM's, please!! And if you're really upset about it, let the playing field prove it!!

D.

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
mwahaha! your all little men - except me...:rolleyes:

really who gives a fcuk? Paintball has got it's exposure. If your really that bothered about what the BBC has written e-mail them and tell them. IT's not tsunami's fault the BBC wrote that. They have no concept of our sport so to them that is top flight competition. If your really that bothered submit summat for nexus or the tigers and that coz im sure they have better things to do than worry about a news article on a bbc website which has relativly little visitage (<- yes i did make that word up :D )