Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tsunami hits big time!!!!!

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
It's difficult to allocate time to non-Xball events but I asked if the Tigers could play just one or two PA tourneys and was refused on the grounds of all or nothing - thats cool rules is rules but it tends exclude those of us with busy schedules, shame as we always love supporting the domestic scene.

Never mind get your self down the Dartford 7's with the Tiger Am's, Tiger Kidz, Method, Storm, Hybrid, Atmosphere, etc.etc the level of play is on par if not better. ;)

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Steve Hancock
Are the top Brit teams from the Millenium and NPPL interested int playing the PA cup this year,
No, because it is not in line with the aims of the top 3 English teams. Once agian , there is a bigger picture.

that would settle things.
There's nothing to settle though Steve.

The best UK X-ball team might not be the best UK 7 man team. Although this year they probabley are
I dont think that they are at the moment. And i doubt that they will be at the end of the year either. I think that Nexus are the strongest 7 Man team, but Tigers are the strongest at Xball.

binz

Dec 19, 2001
isle of man
www.brewerypaintball.com
well done to Tsunami for getting a bit of press,i'm sure if one of the other BIG teams ended up on the front page of the Sun it would be all over these boards.

you might look at my location and think wheres that ? and then what does he know ?

well i know that we've had 4 pieces in our tinpot local paper in the last 18 months, (although theres only 2 on the site), and since then the site has been busier, we get stopped in pubs all the time and asked about the tourny side of things, and we now have 2 teams UKMasters and a third will be starting at the Welsh Open.

i know that even when you give the paper a written piece, they still change it round so it reads completely differently and sounds wrong.

i know that we're not a Big team and i'm only a 'small time operator' but its all to do with opening the publics eyes,which theyve done. so blow that big BBC Tsunami trumpet !!!

http://www.iompsa.org/epoch/MEDIA/Press/DEFAULT.HTM

this is more like a piccalo,and believe me we didnt pick the title

mikeanywhere

Platinum Member
Originally posted by binz
well done to Tsunami for getting a bit of press,i'm sure if one of the other BIG teams ended up on the front page of the Sun it would be all over these boards.

you might look at my location and think wheres that ? and then what does he know ?

well i know that we've had 4 pieces in our tinpot local paper in the last 18 months, (although theres only 2 on the site), and since then the site has been busier, we get stopped in pubs all the time and asked about the tourny side of things, and we now have 2 teams UKMasters and a third will be starting at the Welsh Open.

i know that even when you give the paper a written piece, they still change it round so it reads completely differently and sounds wrong.

i know that we're not a Big team and i'm only a 'small time operator' but its all to do with opening the publics eyes,which theyve done. so blow that big BBC Tsunami trumpet !!!

http://www.iompsa.org/epoch/MEDIA/Press/DEFAULT.HTM

this is more like a piccalo,and believe me we didnt pick the title

Thanks for that Binz - bit of a reality check there me thinks.

Nice articles too for you guys

Regards,

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Well they say there's no such thing as bad publicity....glad to see the "Tsunami hits big time thread" is still going strong at five pages and 1590 views! And all because someone said they puked on their keyboard at a headline that claimed we were 'among the top competitive teams in the uk'.
Cheers m8, a lot more peeps have heard of Tsunami now thanks to your comments :D

jinx76

i'm with ure mom
Jun 16, 2003
sheep land
www.nolimitpainball.co.uk
do you realise how stupid you sound

ok just a couple of points:

the p.a. league is a national league and teams from all over the uk play in it.

i know that hatt's and gill do not beleive for a second that the winner of the p.a. league will be the best team to come outta the uk but what i do believe is that the league will produce a champion team from a larger catchment area than that of all the local tourneys at present i mean if people like bully and john bonich can get behind this national league and see where they want to go with it then why cant all you doubters.

because at present all i see is teams who either do not play in this league or haven't even been to an event slating it and general none descript coments i do get very defensive myself and i am just a minion who likes to help brit paintball by trying to better it but all i hear is were this crap (well done tsunami by the way) people look its like this:

brit paintball will never change in the next ten years if we dont change it at ground level meaning if the like of hatt's gillie and russell with the vision they have for the future we will never ever become anything but punter baller's.

this is in my opinion why we are so far behind the likes of americans it has nothing to do with gene pool it is infra structure and people with the mental strength to get through these kinda threads because be honest now people if you were putting all your spare time and holidays etc into the running of a tournament series and all you got was this kinda thread people arguing over who is and isn't the best then you would by all means be a little bit stressed and would prob just ask themselves why am i doing this.

i say this because i have been to the best three domestic tourneys the uk has to offer i have played in the welsh open,marshalled heaven's gate (swpl) and am proud to be associated with the p.a. league marshalling and setting up.

people when threads like this are started just dismiss them and stop getting in the argument because in the end it just dishearten's all the organisers of all the event's which in my eye's is a bad thing .

what i will say finally is uk organiser's ure doing a stand up job and we do all really appreciate it and beleive it or not we do want the game to progress as a game let alone a sport even if some team's/individuals seem to think other wise.

we the majority of ballers do beleive ure doing a stand up job and if it weren't for the likes of you there wouldn't be the nick truter's,ledz's,robbo's even of this country because if there were no tourney's then there would be nothing to play for hence no sport.

look guys i wrote this when a ikkle bit tipsy but what i will say is its from the heart and i love the game and am fed up with the likes of sam telling us all how it is and should bewhen brit ball is about the thousands of us guys from upminster halloween to guildford flyers to just so manc to durham city dragons to wolf city union to hybrid to tigers am to heaven to tsunami to rdx/trafford park extreme to blackpool inferno to evil macclesfield i mean the list goes on u know peeps i know ure out there plaese let the likes of sam remember his roots.

peace repect and regards,