Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tunnel Vision!

ConnorA1

Manchester Legacy
Oct 5, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
today playing x-ball i having major issues with tunnel vision! i would focus on shooting down a lane or at a bunker too much and my perfiferal(sp?) vision would go and would end up getting shot out from cross field!

is there any advices any of you lot can give me for not getting it?
or is it just a matter of me not concentrating so hard on one place and keep checking all over the field!

thanks

G

Gassy

you can still lane or keep someone in a bunker and look around the field,just don't move your marker when you move your head.

When you get married you will learn to multi-task.

I can type out a reply on here and convince Mrs G I am listening to her by just going "yes","mmm","really" and "never" in a random fashion.;)

A-Dawg

London Tigers 2
Jan 27, 2008
I'm assuming because of this vision your communication isnt great either, when your at the start gate, just tell yourself to think about the rest of the feild.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
today playing x-ball i having major issues with tunnel vision! i would focus on shooting down a lane or at a bunker too much and my perfiferal(sp?) vision would go and would end up getting shot out from cross field!

is there any advices any of you lot can give me for not getting it?
or is it just a matter of me not concentrating so hard on one place and keep checking all over the field!

thanks
I think you need to allow the fact you keep getting shot become the prime reason to make yourself more aware.

Any good team will be talking to each other, and as such, if you ain't hearing your guys screaming out positions, lanes etc - then you need to think about training that into your team's game.
To a point, this will do a certain amount of scanning for you because other players will be (should be) screaming out what's going on; this doesn't mean you can have a frikkin picnic while they do al the work, it just means you have another line of information coming in, you need to look, listen and communicate.
Experience will tailor the relevant ratios of laning / scanning if you are receptive to what's going on around you.

Good luck!

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
Whenever you're next at training, get on the field without your marker and breakout as normal.

This gives you a first hand experience to refer to later when you get tunnel vision, as it's pretty hard getting tunnel vision without a barrel to look down!

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
Play naked, and without a mask on, it'll make you much more conscious of getting shot from cross field.

Only kidding, don't do that...

Reactions: Havard407

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Stop taking ketamine. Playing while in a k-hole is a bad idea anyway.

But yeah, like Robbo said: communication from your teammates should help you there (so listen), and just peek infield every now and then if things feel quiet on that side.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Always play with your eyes open! I know this sounds silly, but for example people run on the break out without looking, get to their bunker, and start laning, but didnt notice the guy running to the snake, and he shoots you easily.

Also what were you shooting at when you were laning so much you didnt stay alive? You should only really be shooting at shootable targets unless you are a back guy, and even then its more calculated than just shooting a lane or at a bunker. When you walk the field and come up with your plan, break the field down into sections, and concentrate more on keeping say a quarter of the field pinned in (if thats your job) rather than just one guy. If the plan is good, your team should be handling the other side of the field, so you can concentrate more on what you have to get done. In an ideal world you want to get it to the point where 2 or 3 of your guys hold them all off, leaving your fronts or inserts to get into better positions.

First piece of advice I give to anyone playing for us the first time, experienced or not, is to stay alive. Rather you stay alive than gun battle yourself to death.

There is some real good advice on this thread.
Tunnel vision is a flaw that affects most players at some stage getting themselves or their team mates killed. Staying as calm as possible allows you to process the smaller things that happen to give you big tells on what to do.

The main and simple thing i want to add on it is to work your bunker hard (i.e be as active and use every angle possible).
A high work rate means you can be out of your bunker more often, seeing more and hopefully taking more information in. The more information you can gain, the easier it is to make a calculated decision rather than a rash one.
Hope that helps,

Tommy