Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Types of guns

Originally posted by fuzzy juzzy
angels are good but they are so overated!!!!!!!!!
The angel is very underrated, especially the old ones. The fact that an old angel LCD can cycle as fast (and in our tests faster) than a timmy proves this...

Originally posted by fuzzy juzzy

ego's are soft on paint like an e-blade
How does that work then?
Or did you just make it up???

Robeenio

Super Robeenio
Dec 4, 2002
Staying warm on a sunday!
being pedantic etc etc

an eblade will only be soft on paintbecause the sear trip can only bounce it a few cm's

an eblade cocker on the otherhand! ;)

cockers are renound for being softer on paint. and also the xmag

truth is though when any gun is set up sweet it like 2 nympho's and a 4 poster bed.....

so its down to your mindset...do you want a gun that you can just pick up and play with or do you want something that will take a bit of tinkering etc.

and at the end of the day it needs to feel right for YOU!

peace

Nickyboy

Jan 6, 2005
Sunny Bournemouth
I strongly dissagree with getting your first marker from the classifieds, and I would only do so if you can meet the person your buying it from at an paintball event.

I learn't the hard-way buying a 2nd hand cocker from the classifieds and it's nowt but problems.

And there ARE people who will mug you off from the classifieds. Not everyone has a genuine reason for selling.

Scars

Retired tattooed lout!
Nickyboy - If you had nothing but trouble, did u approach the seller - also as far as im aware you fire a cocker right - i think thats end of discussion really on cockers- cockers aren't always set up correctly even from Factory - Even most custom markers are set up by mass.

As paintball markers don't hold their value, it would be in your interest to buy 2nd hand -that way you dont lose 1/2 as much when selling on - find a buddy that knows about the marker your about to buy so if things do go tits up you know someone who can sort it

John i do agree with you - angel LCD was probably the best back up marker i had ever fired (well till the viking) - but let down by software (and i still hold to that with the newer angels)

As people have been saying - even outta the blue jus PM somebody ask them if they mind shooting their marker and turning up to a tourney - ill be honest if you wanted to try either viking or Excalibur i'd happily let you - other option is use either marker reviews on here or http://www.pbreview.com

Oct 5, 2002
Sauf Koast
look at matrix's

as fast and more accurate than an angel,break beam eyes, soft on paint as andrex is to your arse,no kick, less to go wrong compared to a cocker ( you just need to learn how to strip/ build the bolt )

And silly cheap now because dye brought out one thats better.

Skeet

Platinum Member
Originally posted by lettucecheesecake
look at matrix's

as fast and more accurate than an angel,break beam eyes, soft on paint as andrex is to your arse,no kick, less to go wrong compared to a cocker ( you just need to learn how to strip/ build the bolt )

And silly cheap now because dye brought out one thats better.
How is there less to go wrong? Number of parts in teh bolt is near equal to the parts in a cocker!

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
They are easier to diagnose, no matter the number of bolt pieces. Take it out, look the o-rings over, replace any with nicks, and you're done.

Cockers involve a little more art. It could be any number of things with a cocker. I am still learning new nuances. I like 'em, but I would never have a cocker without a back up gun in the bag.