Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ugh guys what can I expect at a team practise?!

Peter

Jun 24, 2002
Bristol, UK and Kent, UK
Visit site
Well the only reason I said was because I noticed Liz was in Kent!

Strange little world we must be the useful ones who post replies us who live in the Garden of England!

So what sort of facilites are there around here I haven't really looked into it as Bristol my uni town is more like home now.

freddie

Apr 28, 2002
Visit site
peter

sorry bud
i've been out for a few years now
was just getting back myself
now will probably be on sideline
for awhile longer as i've just had
long awaited 1st op on my hand and
will be going back in on friday for another op

so you finished uni then or you going back?
all ways in sittingbourne area not that far maybe meet
1 day soon

Peter

Jun 24, 2002
Bristol, UK and Kent, UK
Visit site
Hey bad news with the injury sounds like a nasty injury hope it's all getting better.

I've just finished my first year got a couple of extra exams to take coz I missed a few due to illness - pretty crappy!

But hell I'll be back in Bristol for another 3 years bloody long four year courses!

Just decided that I WILL get into paintball and do fukkin well - guess that's half the battle now just gotta get out there and play - play A LOT!

Sittingbourne's get-at-able anywhere on the trainline's easier Tunbridge, Tonbridge Wells, Ashford, Sevenoaks et cetera since i don't drive - dumb huh!

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Hi Freddie, Peter
To be honest, I don't actually play or train in Kent though I live in Orpington. My team is North East based & play the 2002 series, Nottingham & Kidderminster being about the closest we do tourneys usually. I tend to go up to Sparklie's site at Maidenhead (about an hour's drive for me) for training & general hanging out especially now she plays for the Chicks and another Chick has started marshalling for her now & again.
Then again, I didn't play for about 5 years then started again last September so there's probably a thriving Kent walk-on or training scene I know nothing about! Anything you two know could be useful :)

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
Tribe a a fookin good team so if he asked u to go train on the fly then you must be good enough, so dont worry bout anything. Dont buy any kit yet, go for your trainin session, have a laugh and see what you think. At the end of the day its all good fun.

Peter

Jun 24, 2002
Bristol, UK and Kent, UK
Visit site
That's cool to hear - what I'm worried about is that being the newbie I'll be lucky to survive the night with my bollox and scalp intact. I know if I was in the position to butcher a newbie at something like that I'd go for it hard so I can't expect anything less!

It's gonna cane - it's gonna hurt SO bad!

Bone

Emulsified!
Heya Peter, Which Uni are you attending in Bristol? Its just that i sorta run the U.W.E. Paintball club, and if you wanna practice yer paintball (tourney-ball or rec-ball), we organise trips about once a month as cheap as we can make it, during term, for whoever is interested.

As for practice and getting better, watch how others play, try to figure out what they are doing and why. Always stay tight, run fast, keep low, and master the slide! ( i say that coz i play up front) Theres loadsa good info in the P8ntballer.com lessons pages.

Peter

Jun 24, 2002
Bristol, UK and Kent, UK
Visit site
Hey Bone 'fraid I'm at the 'better' uni :p UOB

I'm guessing the offer to train is off now! Do you know if there's a paintball team based at our uni that you've played against?

Do you guys play at Adventure Paintball or do you know how easy it is to get to and fro from the Centre.

IF you're ever around I've got a flat on the waterfront down on the centre - maybe speak later Peter