Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ugh guys what can I expect at a team practise?!

Bone

Emulsified!
'fraid i dunno of any UOB paintball team or club :confused: maybe you could start one!:cool: The only other Uni we have played against is Bournemouth, and that was a while ago now.

The site we usually play at on our trips is (brace yourself) in Exeter (Adrenaline games, Crealy Park).....abit of a drive i agree, but it works out cheaper (and they got a sup'airball field....well, when the wind isn't blowing...).

We have just discovered Showtime: Bristol indoor paintball, which is in Kingswood and is a great place to go and train and/or get advice on anything to do with paintball, and maybe even get some kit. It's in the top floor of a factory building with a newly installed sup'airball field...great fun, and you dont have to worry about the weather. Definately worth a look.

If you need any help or advice on starting a club:D :D :D lemmy know! (Hint, Hint):p

Peter

Jun 24, 2002
Bristol, UK and Kent, UK
Visit site
The Kingswood place sounds like where TRIBE practise - he said it was in Kingswood - don't suppose you know much about thew buses there and back from the town centre?

How many of you guys get down htere to play? And what sort of hire facilities/prices do they have there - the more info the better?!

YOu interested in a newbie joining you - I'll be back in Brizzle in Late July.

Bone

Emulsified!
Yeah, if he mentioned a place in Kingswood that'll be it.

The address is something like Lucas's Moravian Road, Kingswood, i don't know about bus fees.... but i think the playing fee is something like £35 for everything (marker, overalls goggles) don't quote me on that, i'm not sure, because we pay walk-on fees (means you take your own kit).
I think paint is around £6 for 100, but again, becomes alot cheaper if you take your own kit and just buy a box of paint.

So far, we only go to Showtime for our 5 man team practice, but when we go to Exeter the numbers vary from 10 to 40, with the biggest groups at the beginning of the year.

I'm not in Bristol at the mo, but i should be back in September, maybe earlier, and sure, if you're up for abit'a ballin' i'm sure we could acommodate you on our trips! :)

Ask the tribe guys about Showtime, they'll most probably be able to tell you more than i can.

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
So far no suprises on advise and it is all good.

As far as I know most people dont play tricks on newbies (other than letting them use there marker and getting them to shell out hundreds of pounds cause they love it so much)

Its all very well reading tactics etc etc but if he asked you there and then just stick with what you are doing. Youll soon learn when the stupid runs are and when the inspired ones come off. (Cooks has done some really stupid runs into my paint, why you ever went for the flag back in wrexham :D Chump)

Listen and always learn (hey you are asking the right questions already) I play at the back and know that I gotta keep shouting so you front guys know when it is safe. When you are on the field be patient don't think you have to run, listen to the other players and what they are telling you they can see.

Have fun with it. You will learn a lot quickly from playing with these guys (don't know them personally but I am sure they have played a few tourneys and learnt a few things too)

Hey I think this is the best "family" to be a part of.

Good luck

Peter

Jun 24, 2002
Bristol, UK and Kent, UK
Visit site
Jeez all so call to hear just wanna get back there now - gotta hang on a month to get some money together before heading back and meeting up.

Couple more questions to keep things rolling on:

• What's the normal team size played - specifically in the south west league - 5, 10 man? So 10 or 15 minute games right
  • Do most games drag on or are they usually quick decisive games?

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Can't say about the South West League, but you nearly always get 5 or 7 player games now - there's only been 1 10 person tourney in the UK this year that I know of. Majority of tourneys are sup'air or a mixture though there are still some woodland only ones. Games on concept fields (e.g. air) tend to finish quickly, those in woods less so & the usual game time is 10 minutes.

Peter

Jun 24, 2002
Bristol, UK and Kent, UK
Visit site
Cool answers the time spans kinda what I expected couple more questions these may seem a little dumb to you guys but you've got to remember I've only played a day of games and head shots didn't count - jeez! I will say bunkering was allowed and I had a lotta fun with that!

• Okay head shots obviously count but do weapon shots count like hoppers and the like or do you still need some paint on the player?
  • what size are the concept fields eg: Sup'Air
  • One that's been buggin' me what's the Sup in Sup'air?!
  • How old are most players I see loads of profiles saying played for 7 years and the look my age - Im 19...
  • How far up and away can you get what's the best of best player in the UK doing?

Like I said a couple of moronic ones but still useful for me.

Any shot on any part of another players equipment counts...
I have no idea of size but supair is not that big.
maybe it means super air?(MAYBE)

dunno about ur other q's..
dude stop worrying and just go and play!
Itr will all become clear when u hear the paint smacking off the supair.(i love that sound)