Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UK college paintballing

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
Yeh i think in 2002 PGI decemeber was loads of info and also mentions places like ncpa etc nbut no uk stuff. I've heard about the m25 tourny that sounds interesting. Once i can drive ill be heading up there. it all seems to some down to transport so ill need to wait a few months.

Hmm odly i have now seen a cocker i like !!! WHEY!! but only the one. :D:D :D :D

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
Keep a look out for second hand gear on the boards. For £300 you can get an old but great Impulse or maybe and Angel LED or yes a few cockers about as well but remember you can upgrade a cocker to an Eblade or Race frame (I am not overly keen but my team love them and in fairness they are fast)

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
Yeh tbh i think i mite go with my original idea of a JT ex as i just recently read the PGI review and i'd guess they are the only people who have an unbiased opinion about them. They seem to think its pretty sweet so i mite invest in this as my started. Looks the part and hey with my skillz behind it we could be a great team!!! HAHAHA :D :p . o 0 (exitting dreamworld). i'd love to use it in comp see how badly i get anhilated!! Shoudl be fun.

Weakest Link

Little Deviant
Oct 21, 2002
Durham
www.dur.ac.uk
no, you must!

Originally posted by NiceButDim
I was also thinkin of setting up a uni paintball group with my uni for next year, but we will see :)
No you must. We need to get every University to have a team, and get a huge paintball system set up throughout the Uni's. Once this happens, BUSA will have to sit up and take notice of us.

i think PGI mentioned something in one or two of the issues about setting up a uni group, sometimes if you ask your uni/ college and say that your thinking of setting up a group with them they sometimes give advice even help with it (ie money towards things :D ) but if you ask what they can do they may help you dude
I dont know if every University is the same, but we cant really get much funding from ours because they say that paint is a consummable, and therefore we should pay for it ourselves. We may try and wrangle some mone out of them for some kit though. Let you know what they say. Also if you end up setting up a society and DO get money, let us know because that might help! :D

secretsquirrel

Indigenous Red Squirrel
May 19, 2003
nr Milton Keynes
Well I just brought myself a JT Excellerator 6.0 Marker last week and played with it on Sunday (just gone) at King of the Hill and I was rather impressed... so any bad press on them is pants.

TOOLE

Banned
Feb 27, 2003
The JT's are very strange markers. for some, they rip and are just perfect, for others, there are endless problems.

Here is my summary of them:

they are good markers that can reach around 8bps, and shoot relatively consistantly over the chrono. i believe that the marker doesn't affect accuracy and so won't comment on it.

the downside seems to be reliability, i had one, and it broke constantly jams etc. planet have taken them off the shelves beacuse there have been so many complaints about them. a freind of mine who also bought one had problems running it on CO2, but it was fine on air. planet couldn't figure it out.

they are also notorio0us for breaking paint, so a venturi/ delrin bolt is a necessity.

TenaciousM

U sure got'a purdy mouth
May 25, 2003
Somewhere but no one cares
Visit site
get a spyder electra its a great gun for the money, Me and a mate both bought one (from planet about £300 with c02 mask and hopper) about four months ago and we have had no problems, both guns are on air and have new barrels (mine is an all american 14" mates dye ultralite 14")

we went to big game 2k3 and shot 4000 rounds each with not one break both guns chrono'd around 290 all day

oh and a mate bought a jt 5.0 nowt but problems so he bought a second hand angel lcd (after spending a total of £500 on the jt)

secretsquirrel

Indigenous Red Squirrel
May 19, 2003
nr Milton Keynes
dunno about the excellerator 5.0 but I have a 6.0 and am using it on air and havn't had any problems.
Aslong as you keep it all clean and put vaseline on your bolt it seems fine...

Dean

May 30, 2003
england
Visit site
how the hell can u guys afford all this? i aint even gotta paintball gun yet (im only 14) and even if i did id only b able 2 afford a crappy brass eagle :(