Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UK Masters CPL Lite - 2nd September - Lincoln

J.C

Platinum Member
I reffed, for me this day was great, the pace of most points was amazing. Hopefully the screens worked well, I know the buzzers were quiet and it was difficult to distinguish between 30 sec call and 10 sec but that will all be sorted for the next event.

Feedback for the screens and buzzers would be greatly appreciated so that I can sort them out. There is already work being carried on the software to incorparate the buzzers so that time stop is automatic and so is all warning and game on tones.

There is yet more to come and it can only get better. For a trial day I thought it worked very well. I would like to thank all those involved, wendy, Geordie Andy, Bex, all teams playing and of course the biggest shout out THE REFS on the field with me who worked their arses off all day ( I know because I was shattered at the end of it). Cheers guys for covering for me for the last 2 games, I could just not breathe properly anymore and had to throw in the towel.

All I can say is roll on the next one, you never know I might even play it instead of reffing.!!!!!!!

James

dextrus

I <3 Cheating!
Sep 3, 2006
Nr lincoln
best torney ever played does anyone know the rest of the dates for the torneys and id like to say a big thanks to shep for let me play for him,the marshalls and wendy becky and the rest for setting up the tornement

dex :D:cool::rolleyes::)

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
I reffed it on Sunday and have to say it looked like an absolute blast.

The display system in the pits looked pretty shaweet. Great to have the air right there too.

I reckon the 8 minute games were just about right, can't really extend that time otherwise the games wouldn't be finished until late. The marshalls didn't have a lunch break as it was and everything ran very efficiently all day long.

An extra monitor facing the field so the refs can keep an eye on the score and time limit too would probably help so we know when there's less than 60 seconds to play, and therefore know when to enforce the the rule where a 1-4-1 throws the game for a team and stops the clock.

The 2 min break is perfect imo, it ecourages efficient team work in the pit and there were only a couple instances where people didn't make the start gate by the 10 second call, and even then it was very close.

Cranking up the sound of the buzzers would be beneficial for everyone, particularly refs on the far side of the field. I don't know if there's a way to electrically hook up some air horns which could easily be heard?

Changing the buzzers buttons to large ones that can be activated by slamming them with your full hand as opposed to ones with buttons that you really need to press with a finger would be a big improvement. Like these:

View attachment 5506

All in all, it looked great and I think it ran pretty smooth. The next one should be even better.
Can we get the catchphrase buzzer tone too :D ;) :p