The Home Of European Paintball

Uk Masters March Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke W

The Firm
Oct 7, 2006
Salford
Hmmmm, not to sure about that method to be honest. Some teams had played just 6 games, others had played 8. The average over 6 games can have a lot bigger impact from 1 result than it can for 8. Would it not have been best to just take the first 6 games and call that the results? I have no idea how this affects my team so I'm not trying to influence anything here.
Would have been okay for that one event, but what about the whole series? Losing the potential of up to 300 points would affect the points for the whole series.

Cro

Permanently semi
Jan 2, 2003
Naaaarich
www.walkonzone.com
its the only way to do it, i can be complimental or detrimental for some teams. Bottomline is that you have to hope that every event goes ahead.
Taking the average over differing amounts of games between teams makes things complicated and unfair. It should be taken from the point of the last game played by all teams. That;s the only point when all teams have the same score amount potential.

I've had a couple of pm's about this since posting up and it appears that my team were in fact top 3 when it was called off, so now I'm definitely not happy.

Luke W said:
Would have been okay for that one event, but what about the whole series? Losing the potential of up to 300 points would affect the points for the whole series.
It's a good point and one that needs to be addressed also, the "fix" so far is the easy option imho.

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
well done addiction. me and nicola thought you'd gone at the end of the day :D thats why we came looking for ya :D some good games played watching you and you certainly rolled the team i was playin for. think im gonna wait till warmer weather before playing again :)

Cro

Permanently semi
Jan 2, 2003
Naaaarich
www.walkonzone.com
The Masters rule book said:
4.03 Team positions at the end of a day’s play are determined by total points earned by the teams in each game.
4.04 Series positions at the end of a round of play are determined by the position earned by the teams in such round, subject to the tie breaking provisions contained in below.
There is nothing that covers the situation from Sunday (abandonment) so as far as I see it the scores have to be taken from the point that all teams had played the same amount of games.

So far as season points goes, this round should be excluded.

AL21784

I love lamp
Sep 19, 2005
Hijacking Balf's datas
There is nothing that covers the situation from Sunday (abandonment) so as far as I see it the scores have to be taken from the point that all teams had played the same amount of games.

So far as season points goes, this round should be excluded.
seconded to that :mad:

one sexy beast

young gunz
Jun 15, 2006
norwich
whoo hoo!!! we came first. Thanks for all the support from Young gunz aswell and a massive thanks to all the teams who stayed to play in our div that made it possible for us to grab first place.:)
was a pleasure supporting you and team egg but watch out for us next month we are coming to get you.
big thanks to wendy for a great day and every one else that made the day such a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.