Status
Not open for further replies.

Cro

Permanently semi
Jan 2, 2003
Naaaarich
www.walkonzone.com
The rules are clear;

4.03 Team positions at the end of a day’s play are determined by total points earned by the teams in each game.

To make it fair it should be taken back to the last game that everyone played, then the round excluded from the final season standings, simple.

This business of averages makes a mockery of the whole scoring system and is not mentioned in the rules!

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
The rules are clear;

4.03 Team positions at the end of a day’s play are determined by total points earned by the teams in each game.

To make it fair it should be taken back to the last game that everyone played, then the round excluded from the final season standings, simple.

This business of averages makes a mockery of the whole scoring system and is not mentioned in the rules!

^^^ best way especially the last part :D

Luke W

The Firm
Oct 7, 2006
Salford
The rules are clear;

Rather than quoting the rules, why don't you read them? :rolleyes:

37. Rules Modifications
37.01 For exceptional reasons a tournament organizer may decide to modify one or more
rules for the duration of the event. Such modifications must take place only when they are
impossible to avoid. The organizer must inform the teams of the reasons and of the
modifications during the captains’ meeting at the latest. Should any reasons for a
modification arises during the tournament, a captains’ meeting will immediately be called
and no game will be started until the meeting is over.

Ion_Paintball

Beam me up Scottie
Mar 13, 2007
Sheffield
Maybe but Cro still has a very valid point... some people played as little as 4 games and other 7/8 it isnt fair to use the averages the same on everyone as everyone isnt on an equal playing field. if averages were to be used it would be alott better if they were worked out from the last game that EVERY team in either the division or whole leagued played...

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
I was assuming the average was taken over games played no matter how many were played.
If you take an average from only the first 5 or 6 games then those who played 8 could be severely penalised especially if they started badly in the morning.
Not only that, what about if 2 team played 8 games and you took average of first 6 games
when both team actually had exactly same score after 8 games
but team 1 lost its first 2 and won 6 and team 2 won first 6 and lost last 2
An average of the first 6 games does not show a true reflection of the days play

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
i agree, but what other way is there? I'm starting to agree with the theme that stated they should have called it off when a number of people didn't show.
The only true average of how you played is to average all the games you played then multiply it by 9 to achieve the total score, which I assume they did.
That way you get a score that relates to your consistency over games played

Bedlam

Gone crazy, back soon...
Ok, so most people would agree that how the scores were worked out at the end of the day was unfair (Personally, I don't). But lets turn it on its head and ask all the naysayers one thing.....

If you were the tournament organiser, how would you do it to make it fair? :confused:

Now before you reply, just think what everyone has said here. Most of the points are valid in one way or another, but guys, you ain't gonna make evryone happy. Its a crappy choice, but someone has to make it and that someone was Wendy......love ya darling:p

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.