Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UK National League Champions 2005

D

duffistuta

dollar dollar bills y'all!!

Originally posted by psycho
You supply the dollars and I can find players that would take it to any team!!
Turn those sentiments round and you've hit the nail on the head.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Too Expensive

Originally posted by Woody69
Like it says, I personally think that paintball in this country is far too expensive, for the avarage joe bloggs anyway, I mean how much is a box paint? £35-40 quid, times this by 10 for a local tourny plus entry say £245 for 7-man and what do you have, £595:eek: thats a lot of wonga, and if your gonna play a series over say 9 months,thats, oh my god £5355:rolleyes:

Anyway my point is that most teams carnt afford to compeate at european level never mind in our home coutry! And dont get me started about the price of markers, loaders, air systems..........

I think sponsorship is very important too this sport, I guess we(the kellys) are very lucky to get what we get as an amatuer team, but we have worked hard to get where we are today,Without the help from DYE and Fuego paintballs we would have be doomed!

Robbo, I personally think that you have to dominate your own country before you try and concour europe, never mind the states, they are on a different level all together:cool: so dont critasize the u.k tournament seen, It's all we have and we gotta make the most of it!

One more thing before i right my will out..............:D

With regards to there not being enough good players in this country, There are loads of dimonds in the dirt, you just gotta find them!

Red leader out.........................

Woody, try to read my post next time mate, it says' sufficient numbers........'
It implies that to make a credible assault we need sufficient numbers, that is many fold the number we have now that would give rise to a whole new breed of Brit pro team that would contest amongst ourslves over here and out of that scenario we are much more likely to create a top 5 team...get it this time???

After all, the alternative would be to just stay as amatueur for god knows how long and never having the balls to step up to the pro plate..and I mean, who on earth would want to do that?

And your point accusing me of criticising UK Paintball, I ain't even gonna answer that one, it doesn't deserve one !

Its worth looking at a few people over the years before yougo asking for money.

I have been playing for far too long. Ive watched players from my team rocket past me and make it big. I have watched people say tey have the talent and sink without a trace. The one thing that the successful people had is that they never went searching for the benjamins.

Its bollox to think that we need more sponsrship. Its also bollox to think that as some uber baller you are owed something by the industry. The team i play for has had to finance its way from nothing. We are now in a fortunate position where the friendships and relations we as players have developed over the years are have come good. What i find that is detrimental to teams is the belief by most of the new kids that i play against that they are owed something. Paintball is expensive, it is rediculously time consuming if you want to improve, but find me a sport that isnt. If you want to get the money for paintball, then work as a marshall or help at a local site and then spend the money you earn playing and training. Over time you will build the friends that we have and you will see the rewards. But ive been playing 12 years and it still costs me a fortune, so dont believe that you are any better!

D

duffistuta

Originally posted by psycho
Explain?
The usual way of these things is that you put together a **** hot team, win events and then sponsors come to you.

Christ, if I'd gone to The North Face and said 'Right, you give me some money and I'm, going to train really hard and get good enough to race my bike in some of the world's top events' I would have got laughed out of the office.

Paintball is the only sport where for some reason participants think that money/sponsorships are a precursor to getting good; they're not - talent, commitment and above all effort are what's required. Sponsorship, if it comes, is a result of those things.

British players do **** all training. In fact, 99% of Paintball players do **** all training when compared to many other sports, most of which get a smaller level of sponsorship.