Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Uk National Paintball league

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Thanks for deciding for everybody else that they don't care about this discussion... :rolleyes:

That's a bit rude, ain't it? There are plenty of people that do follow this exchange between Pete and Russel. If YOU don't care, stop reading the frikkin thread. It ain't rocket science.
But it's not the subject of the topic Jay. That was my point. Maybe a new thread where the public tennis match can continue is required?

And maybe it is a bit 'rude' of me to point this out to a moderator. Then again, it's not rocket science :p.

JD - welcome back mate ;).

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Well Pete as usual your reply is direct to say the least and although I did bring the Millenniums into the discussion I was not meaning to imply they made a profit from the entry fees, (but they do overall) what I wanted to demonstrate is they have cost the players a fortune over the last few years and what have they done with that income, how much promotion for paintball as a whole do you think they have achieved.

IE; we have at the moment a DVD in production that will show paintball at all levels available in the UK and a little bit of some high level stuff in the states, that dvd will be sent to all senior schools and youth clubs area by area it wont cost a great deal we believe less than ten grand but we can not even get site owners to help with postage unless they are the only ones advertised on the thing for the schools to get in touch with if they fancy a try.
So again we will do it ourselves unless some one with vision wants to get in touch:)

Russ​

As for your last line, flattery will get you everywhere :)
Anyways, I have an admission to make, I advised that you make your first task to align with the Millennium, and politically it is the right thing to do but.....I put myself in your position in running the PA and with the prospect of going to the Millennium with a view to alignment ....I'm afraid I just couldn't do it.
You are correct about Ulrich, the man's a buffoon with all the social skills of a pig and as flexible as a crowbar but he's not your main problem, he's just a detail.
As I see it, the Millennium guys are in the driving seat, both politically and financially and they won't see any alignment with you as really benefiting them, and they are probbaly right.
They are looking upwards to what's going on in the US and not really concerned with what's going on in any parochial domestic league and to be fair to them, that's exactly what they should be doing.
The real problem is, what you want is important to you but for them, they don't really give a sh!t, and to be honest, why should they?

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
But it's not the subject of the topic Jay. That was my point. Maybe a new thread where the public tennis match can continue is required?

And maybe it is a bit 'rude' of me to point this out to a moderator. Then again, it's not rocket science :p.

JD - welcome back mate ;).
The thread has naturally developed into this debate, so it's not a threadjack.

Your point wasn't very clear mate. If you want to point something out to a moderator, just say so and don't use general statements.

Anyway, happy New Year's Eve y'all!

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
Yes of course I do...of course I do....yes I do......didn't you used to play pro for ...? .... hmmmm, nah.....didn't you .... nah, that weren't you either.........now where did I hear your name?
Oh yeah I remember, didn't you post a few times on p8ntballer ?
Got ya :)
I take huge offence at just a "few", :p

Jasper

Northern Heroes #03
Sep 3, 2003
Carlisle UK
Take Football (Soccer) as an example. Football is played in most countries around the world from lowly village sides right up to national sides representing their country at the world cup.
The thing all these teams have in common is they all play the same format game, with the same rules decided by an International body (FIFA). If all the football leagues around the world used different formats and rules etc, would it be where it is today? No chance.
Football has many different formats with many different rules the only version FIFA rules apply to is 11 a side the standard format. So really its no different to the way paintball is except paintball is on a smaller scale which makes it more noticeable that the formats differences are there and that there is two standards fighting it out for the number 1 slot

Ralph

BAD TO THE BONE
Football has many different formats with many different rules the only version FIFA rules apply to is 11 a side the standard format. So really its no different to paintball
FIFA sanction international Comps. UEFA Sanction European Comps and in England The FA sanction English tournaments. Then it go's down to county level who sanction comps in their counties.

Yes the size of the teams & pitch's may be different but in every country the format for 5 man would all be the same. Just in case, working back up the ladder to international events countries wanted to play eachother at 5 man.

So what is the 'standard' for paintball ? woodland, Supair, XBall, 5 man,
7 man, 1 man and his dog.:rolleyes: What are the tecnical standards ? Ramping, FPS, etc etc etc. There is a standard rule book ?

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
Pete og Russ:

You seem to have dug yourself into a hole, where the debate is centered about where the PA is in the greater scheme of things... and really - is that important to anyone (even Russ)?

The teams that enjoy the PA take part in it - end of story really :)

There is no doubt that in the - eeehhh south west is it? (sorry, should have paid more attention in geography class ;)) - RUSS is your uncle, and has done a tremendous lot for paintball in that area - not to mention that Russ have always been one of the least selfserving individuals in paintball - I know how well I was treated in my short stint with Shock :)

There is also no doubt Pete is by far the most successfull Brit paintballer ever, and has done a hell of a lot for British paintball, albeit in a less direct and more public capacity than Russ.

So, you can both stop the pissing contest now ;)

I think the real question is, WHY can't the 3 "big" leagues in the UK merge?

What is the real block for such a move?

I mean, if the PSP and NPPL - with their history and principals - can talk about merging, what is stopping a sensible development of Brit paintball?

Hmm - come to think of it, nevermind... we Scandinavians actually enjoy that you Brits are at eachothers throats.... makes it easier for us ;)

Nick

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Nick - you can please some of the people some of the time - but you can't please all of the people all the time. Human nature.

How about we approach this from another angle? That of a 'country' based league?

By this, I mean Scotland, Wales, Ireland (N & S combined) and England (N & S as seperate teams - to try and keep it a bit fairer).

If we can get a 'simple' inter-country tournament - even just once a year - then it's a start. Hell, we could even hold it in a different country each year.

Maybe this could boost some outside interest and stir some national pride.

I know it's a long way from the national league of paintball - but it could be just the start.

Not quite a threadjack - but a bit more relevant to the topic I think ;).

EDIT : Just had another thought - if the teams are split like above - it could even be called the '5 Nations Cup' :eek:

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Pete og Russ:

You seem to have dug yourself into a hole, where the debate is centered about where the PA is in the greater scheme of things... and really - is that important to anyone (even Russ)?

The teams that enjoy the PA take part in it - end of story really :)

There is no doubt that in the - eeehhh south west is it? (sorry, should have paid more attention in geography class ;)) - RUSS is your uncle, and has done a tremendous lot for paintball in that area - not to mention that Russ have always been one of the least selfserving individuals in paintball - I know how well I was treated in my short stint with Shock :)

There is also no doubt Pete is by far the most successfull Brit paintballer ever, and has done a hell of a lot for British paintball, albeit in a less direct and more public capacity than Russ.

So, you can both stop the pissing contest now ;)

I think the real question is, WHY can't the 3 "big" leagues in the UK merge?

What is the real block for such a move?

I mean, if the PSP and NPPL - with their history and principals - can talk about merging, what is stopping a sensible development of Brit paintball?

Hmm - come to think of it, nevermind... we Scandinavians actually enjoy that you Brits are at eachothers throats.... makes it easier for us ;)

Nick
Nick, I have no idea what thread you been reading but I'm most certainly in no hole and I am certainly not in a pissing contest, this isn't about getting one over on Russ, I'm not that cheap or that trivial, I am just trying to bring a little clarity and perspective to how people should view things, that is all mate, nothing more.

And as for your question, 'why can't the big leagues join now'?
I think that's a tad naive to say the least.

Anyhows - have a good new year Nick!