Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Uk National Paintball league

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
I'll reply in detail in Private mate. But the main point in any outside sponsorship is that paintball has to provide the sponsors with a serious return in order to see any substantial or continued investment.

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Following up Robbo's post...

Maybe this is something Steve Bull and the UKPSF can comment on. The UKPSF already represents UK paintball (both players and sites) - maybe there is room for some cross-population?

AFAIK - individual player membership is a mere £5 per year. A very small price to pay for peace of mind.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Following up Robbo's post...

Maybe this is something Steve Bull and the UKPSF can comment on. The UKPSF already represents UK paintball (both players and sites) - maybe there is room for some cross-population?

AFAIK - individual player membership is a mere £5 per year. A very small price to pay for peace of mind.

Raff, read my PS !!!!

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
I just did Pete ;).

I know the UKPSF is a domestic body and has enough to do as it is - but maybe Mr Bull should be talking to some European bodies (assuming he isn't already) about making the UKPSF the UK arm of the European Players Association (or whatever they end up being called).

Then we have someone who knows UK ball - perhaps better than most - representing UK ballers and sites in Europe - rather than have Europe dictating to UK ballers.

Does that make sense?

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
I just did Pete ;).

I know the UKPSF is a domestic body and has enough to do as it is - but maybe Mr Bull should be talking to some European bodies (assuming he isn't already) about making the UKPSF the UK arm of the European Players Association (or whatever they end up being called).

Then we have someone who knows UK ball - perhaps better than most - representing UK ballers and sites in Europe - rather than have Europe dictating to UK ballers.

Does that make sense?
Yes, Raff, it makes sense but Pete's hinting/warning isn't about sensible/productive/good for everybody etc. the way I'm reading it.
Think MS membership and consider how much good those have done anybody ... :)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I'm gonna ask an 'off topic' question here and it's one that needs asking and isn't really meant to cause offense but I think it will cause some but hey, WTF, why should I break the habit of a lifetime :)

If somebody like Coke or Nike wanted to get involved in Paintball in the UK, who could we seriously put forward to represent us ?
I mean, really think about this because I have.
Lots of people would like to think they are the person who could do the job, or they might even think their position within our sport qualifies them but for the life of me, I can't think of one damn person who could do a professional job of negotiating some sort of partnership where either Nike or Coke wouldn't leave the table laughing....

If we now extend Coke or Nike's interest toward a broader base, let's say a European theater then Laurent comes sharply into focus but i would end up selecting him more by default than design because he wears far too many hats for my liking.
He is certainly an able man, and he certainly looks the part, I just wish he could concentrate his efforts a little more focused on the development of European paintball.
At the moment, our domestic scene just hasn't bred the right sort of person and maybe that will come with time ... I hope so but all this talk of league aggregation, player motivation and lord knows what else just smacks of an embryonic sport still finding its feet ....... it feels like we are trying to run before we have even met the midwife .....

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
but there are people like myself who want to climb the tree. but how do we make the moves up each branch. i have the love for the sport but dont even know which tree i want to climb. i have always thought how can i as a single person make the moves ?

i want your job one day ;)

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Robbo makes a very good point. Just who is a 'negotiator' for UK paintball? Bully is probably the nearest we have - but he has a life already ;).

Are there any professional sales-people in the house?

Like I keep repeating - there is no point trying to sell paintball to paintballers - sell it to Mr & Mrs Public - that is where money the 'real' money is made.

I guess this all goes back to my slated post about 'money' - unless, a salesforce wants to work on commission only.

Applications to...

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
The only way I see Pete's scenario happening is if somebody would hire an outsider to land "paintball, the sport" that sort of deals.

The guy that lands the FA all the sponsorship deals ain't a footballplayer, he's a trained professional at marketing and such.

Besides, paintballers are too smelly anyway. :D