Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Uk Overkill?

i'll stop the extra loving when i am guaranteed that no ones gonna play on. It sucks at the time, but its part of the game. Only exception is when the pro's play newbies at self seed or milleniums (dont think this happens anymore??) and the pros go overboard.

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Morbidangel,

1. It's not "gay", it's "festive"

2. Shot twice in the thumb, Jesus, I've shot the bottom of my team mates ear off before. See how you'd like them apples.

I'm with Burb, "bonus ball the whingers". But it's not just moaning about bonus balling, it's playing on, sandbagging, wiping, trigger bounce fairies blah blah blah.

Some peoples attitude to paintball is "festive" in the extreme, you wanna play competitive ball you play hard. You play close to the rules, or don't play at all. Listen to the whingers here, and UK paintball will never be a match for what is played in the US. Toughen up. Same goes for the trigger bounce / Hi-rof arguments. It doesn't make the game unplayable, just introduces new and different skill sets. Honestly, you listen to some people they'd still have us playing with Splatmasters and 12 Oz's.

Interesting program on C4 last night about the psychology of Killing, maybe the same is true for Paintball, perhaps only 2 percent of players are real Drillah Killahs. Shame we have to listen to the trite posted by the other 98% of people not even shooting at the opposition.

Murder Murder Murder, Kill Kill Kill.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
I'm with Burb, "bonus ball the whingers". But it's not just moaning about bonus balling, it's playing on, sandbagging, wiping, trigger bounce fairies blah blah blah.

Some peoples attitude to paintball is "festive" in the extreme, you wanna play competitive ball you play hard. You play close to the rules, or don't play at all. Listen to the whingers here, and UK paintball will never be a match for what is played in the US. Toughen up.
Wow, you managed to sum up everything I dislike about the sport in two paragraphs! :)

I'm not a newbie and I've played at all levels, but that doesn't mean I automatically have to like the way the game is going.

We should whinge about playing on and wiping, despite what 'star' players tell us in interviews in PGI (something along the lines of "should you cheat in Xball?" - "yeah, if you can get away with it") - I mean WTF?

I totally don't buy into this 'everyone does it so you have to as well' mentality. 5 minute penalties for wiping? Hell no - I'd ban them from the series for life.

Brand me a whinger if you like, but personally I'm not going to be wiping, playing on, bonus balling or excessively mugging people just in order to win a poxy game of paintball. I've got more respect for myself than that.

psycho

Baggin ain't easy!
Apr 2, 2003
Stoneys Basement
Who said anything about wiping, playing on, bonus balling or excessively mugging people ??? What we're saying is people are moaning about overkill when it clearly isnt?? read the first post dude.... thats my whole point 5-6 balls isn't "excessively mugging "?? ;)

Tinks

Feb 20, 2004
stongle,
:p i was merely informing that my thumb got shot twice, that was the first time i ever played sup air/X-ball so i was only infoming you of this little problem i experienced :D
okay maybe gay was a bit harsh but that was just mine and my thumbs opinion, when i play more i'll enjoy getting shot more...plus i didnt only get shot in the thumb, getting shot in the thumb was the bit that hurt most, i got shot in the left shoulder blade, about 5 times throughout the day by bonusballin and getting mugged....ouchy...:D
anywho...sorry if i 'offended' anyone, please accept my humble apology :D
alicia

LV 4 26

Millsy- Back Baby
Stop your bitching about overkill. I wont complain especialy after recieving a perfect crown on the top of my head of about 8 balls from Muttley (Storm) and he was on my own team and we were training.

The ones that crack me up are the players that you mug out, they then swing on you and then wonder why they then recieve from you that special kinda love that only an infringed player can dish out. Pure Poetry :D

Millsy

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
if you shoot people and they spin on you, you need to shoot them in the mask, and you need to do it better.

Its paintball, you get shot, a number of times then so what. Get better at paintball. If you get shot walking off, then you need to get off the field quicker.

ITS YOUR OWN FAULT, not a cheater board, or extra love, its your own fault.