Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Uk Overkill?

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Gadget
Live with it? Wtf? You're saying that we should accept cheating and deal with it by deliberately shooting people in painful locations to compensate?
FFS, read what i just wrote, i will repost it below:

Originally posted by sjt19
I am not saying that if you dont like cheating stop playing at all Acid, you misunderstood me. I didnt mean that stop playing if you dont like the spinning element, i meant that he should stop playing if he does not like getting mugged in the head, or neck, or back. It is part of the game. Clear now?
If you read what i wrote a few posts up as well:

but 99.999% of the time its a fluke as to where you actually hit the guy.
So if you do happen to be shot in the head when mugged, live with it, chances are that the mugger was not aiming for the head, just trying to hit you. It could have easily been your back or chest rather than the head.

EVERYONE goes onto the field with the knowledge that they could be shot in the head, neck or nuts. People know that and as such they cannot whinge when it happens. Obviously Jose's example is outside of this, but even then you cant whinge when something happens, because we all willingly play this game.It is an EXTREME sport. You cant cry into your team mates shoulder when you get shot, wherever you get hit because its part of the game.

And if you ask the majority of players out there, i am sure that you would get the response that they play for fun, but there are also many many people who, on top of playing for fun, play to win. The element of competition, and adrenaline often makes people do things that are someties excessive. There is a genaral rule though, what goes around comes around.

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Acidd_UK
So you if you got shot in the back of the neck, at point blank range, deliberatly, 50 times, and you were seriously injured, you would say "Oh well, thats a shame, it's just the risk I run playing paintball."
When has that EVER happened??:rolleyes:

Acidd_UK

Oct 12, 2001
York
Visit site
Originally posted by Burb
Thats called getting bonus balled for the sake of it, were talking about extra 'love' whilst mugging. But then again if you've ever had your team destroyed by a DMW then im sure you'd take a few shots at the player slowly walking off the field??
Since we both play in the PA league, where the rules disallow DMWs, can you justify bonus balling any other way (ie other than because it stops possible DMWs?)

I think the 'no DMW rule' is a positive step - whenever a DMW happens at a tourney, the amount of bonus balling goes through the roof afterwards as teams try to avoid the same thing happening to them. So it's sort of unfair on the rest of the players at the tourney - do you see what I mean?

Acidd_UK

Oct 12, 2001
York
Visit site
I am not saying that if you dont like cheating stop playing at all Acid, you misunderstood me. I didnt mean that stop playing if you dont like the spinning element, i meant that he should dtop playing if he does not like getting mugged ni the head, or neck, or back. It is part of the game. Clear now? ;) :)
Yup! But see my posts since then :)

Acidd_UK

Oct 12, 2001
York
Visit site
EVERYONE goes onto the field with the knowledge that they could be shot in the head, neck or nuts. People know that and as such they cannot whinge when it happens. Obviously Jose's example is outside of this, but even then you cant whinge when something happens, because we all willingly play this game.It is an EXTREME sport. You cant cry into your team mates shoulder when you get shot, wherever you get hit because its part of the game.
Either Jose's example is outside of this or it isn't.

I would say it is pretty clearly outside. If you get mugged, and you happen to be shot in the neck and you are sick etc, then I agree - poo happens. But for someone to deliberatly and excessively shoot an area on a player in order to cause them pain/injury - I think that's pretty horrible and it would be a very sad day if everyone played like that. As everyone commented, we all play for fun, and we (mostly) have to pay for the privilidge. Obviously some people disagree, but I would feel pretty bad if I made someone puke from mugging them. So I can't begin to understand the mentality of doing it deliberatly.

Incidentally, I know it is very hard / impossible to ever prove if it was deliberate or not, but morally I think it's pretty sick.

There is a genaral rule though, what goes around comes around.
Yup...

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
But for someone to deliberatly and excessively shoot an area on a player in order to cause them pain/injury - I think that's pretty horrible and it would be a very sad day if everyone played like that.
Thankfully very few people do:)

Acidd_UK

Oct 12, 2001
York
Visit site
The people that say it's all part of the game - I agree that point 1 is all part of the game, but I don't think part 2 is. Those people who say it's OK - would you be happy to be mugged by being deliberatly shot in the back of the neck once? Twice? Ten times? Fifty times? Is that 'part of the game'?
When has that EVER happened??:rolleyes:
Never as far as I know, but that doesn't answer my question...