Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UK release of GoG eNMey??

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
I was told early to mid February on the phone about a week back. Couldn't give me a UK retail price though :(

Narkadox

The Man With The Golden Gun
Jan 3, 2013
Was thinking about getting my old Ion converted to a Mech to use when I play the odd rental day, but for £108 I think I'll just pick up one of these now they're shipping. Bargain.

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
I know that Gadget used his for the first time at a walk on we did last sunday. Had a quick go with it and for what it was it was fine. The only thing I will say is that Gadget bought it as everytime we play he always goes a little gun-ho and shoots Loads of paint as do the rest of us who all have Axe's. Gadget did actually do just as much paint as the rest of us and I know on the last game he even nicked a pod of paint from a team mate, so his real issue with paint just seems to be his itchy trigger finger and not the gun. He shot 3000 odd balls and had zero problems with it.

I'm sure that as I tagged him in this he may give his own blog on this, but I thought it was a pretty good gun !!

Reactions: Gadget

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Cheers Phil. Yep, used mine at a walk on last Sunday and it was brilliant. For me it felt like playing with a lighter Level 7 Automag, others have said it feels like a mech cocker. I think both POV are valid, with a similar ROF to high-end mechs of the past and needing the same trigger style, "pull-full release-pull", to get into a decent rhythm and avoid short stroking.

I went through a box and half of paint and didn't have any breaks, chops or short stroking. Out of the box it shot 298, 296, 300 over the chrono. Only things I changed from stock were replacing the barrel with a Freak and the ASA with a Dye Airport. Had intended to use a VL revvy with it (as it'll happily outshoot a Proto Primo) but had battery issues so ran a Rotor instead. No problems with double feeding, so the detents can cope with force fed loaders.

At the time I was worried about efficiency, as the site only offered 3k fills, however in hindsight it was fine. Using a 68 tank filled to 3000 I had no problems shooting 4 x locklids + a rotor, which is pretty decent for a mech spoolie.

There's no getting away from the fact that it's a VERY cheap marker. It feels robust, but the parts certainly don't have any of that smooth, milled quality feel of a top-end gun. But it works and works well.

Maintenance was a doddle. It was a seriously muddy day and it got coated. I just took it into the shower and hosed it down, disassembled and dried it, then relubed and put it back to together, job done.

The night before we played I managed to cross-thread one of the clamping feedneck bolts and shear it off, a combo of me being a muppet and the bolt being made of cheese. Fortunately I was able to bodge a fit using a bolt and camnut from my Axe spares kit - which I've since improved by adding a spare Axe feedneck lever (thanks phil-boy !), turning it into a lever clamping feedneck.

Pic of me playing on Sunday and a couple of the feedneck mod:

Reactions: phil-boy