Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Uk Teams!!

How seriously do you take your paintball?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
£15 green fees - £25 box of paint - not rocket science Mr Beer!

'J' - maybe I should have worded it better. Yes, you can do some basics like fitness and learning how to hold stuff while dry firing. I meant actual on-field, shooting at people, type training. There's no point practicing snap-shooting if you end up pointing your barrel at the ground every time you move out.

I promise to pick my words more carefully in future :p
The actual on field shooting at people type of training should only be a minimal part of your training. With most sports, playing the actual game, or a "lighter" form of the game (scrimmaging) is less than 25% of the time spent training. And with the coming of things like Reballs, things have gotten even easier for you lot...
Face it people, you have no excuse anymore. Stop making up pussy excuses. Either treat paintball as a hobby, or treat it as a sport and train at least 3 times a week...

Lemon

Baller without a willy ;)
Feb 17, 2006
Bradford
www.get-cash-back.co.uk
I think that probably counts as fun. If you were serious you would be training on the majority of weekends, aimed towards doing as well as possible in the few big tournaments you do play.
Loking at it from a slightly different angle: if you had the choice of playing every weekend, or training 5 weekends in 6 then doing really well at top events (e.g. Millennium) on the 5th weekend, which would you prefer? The first option is for fun, the second more serious.
Well, the reason I can't go for the second option is really down to the team I play for. The Fallen Angels are still trying to find our feet and don't have a solid core of players that are able to play Millenium level ball (yet ;) ) Being all girls, most of which are rarely even able to get together for a tournament , let alone training :eek: (and I mean no offense by that my lovelies, I know you all have your reasons) there would only really be 3 or 4 of us if we're lucky which wouldn't really help us as a team. Our only option, therefore, is to get as much trigger time as possible individually. So if Lump is playing a tournament, for my own improvement it is best for me to get trigger time there! Once we get our full squad of commited players (which we're working on now, and should be formed by next season :cool: ) your comment will be our goal. So, to answer your question I would have to say the serious, once that becomes an option :D Thanks Liz x

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Well, the reason I can't go for the second option is really down to the team I play for. The Fallen Angels are still trying to find our feet and don't have a solid core of players that are able to play Millenium level ball (yet ;) ) Being all girls, most of which are rarely even able to get together for a tournament , let alone training :eek: (and I mean no offense by that my lovelies, I know you all have your reasons) there would only really be 3 or 4 of us if we're lucky which wouldn't really help us as a team. Our only option, therefore, is to get as much trigger time as possible individually. So if Lump is playing a tournament, for my own improvement it is best for me to get trigger time there! Once we get our full squad of commited players (which we're working on now, and should be formed by next season :cool: ) your comment will be our goal. So, to answer your question I would have to say the serious, once that becomes an option :D Thanks Liz x
The argument could be made that if the team you are playing for isn't able to put in the training for whatever reason, then if you really are serious you should find another team that can and will do it.
Note that I'm not in any way trying to have a go at you or the Angels (love you girls, you know I do), just using your situation to make a point :cool:

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
...Either treat paintball as a hobby, or treat it as a sport and train at least 3 times a week...
If only...

Maybe we should have proper paintball training nights. Where, instead of individuals/teams turning up to play a bit - and maybe do the odd drill - we actualy have a paintball 'coach'.

I suppose the coaches time could be paid for by a percentage of the green fees (as it is benificial to the site as well as the players).

I did notice that the NQ calls itself (amongst other things) the "Northern Quarter Baller's Academy" - but what does that actually mean to the 'ballers?

Markie - if you read this - is the NQBA actually run like a training academy - or is it a turn-up-and-sort-yourself-out type thing?

Not having a go - just wondering. Beacuse if it is an academy type thing - then maybe this should be pushed more - rather than walk-ons.

Lemon

Baller without a willy ;)
Feb 17, 2006
Bradford
www.get-cash-back.co.uk
The argument could be made that if the team you are playing for isn't able to put in the training for whatever reason, then if you really are serious you should find another team that can and will do it.
Note that I'm not in any way trying to have a go at you or the Angels (love you girls, you know I do), just using your situation to make a point :cool:
Yep, I know what you're saying as that's the exact reason Lump and I left Reign of Fire last year. I just feel the need to stick it out this time as the team is growing and I believe next year we will have a team that is prepared to do that. And I'd love for us to follow in the footsteps of Charms and show this country that girls really can play ball :cool: :D

p.s. you're welcome to join us, lol ;)

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
Surely you only play a sport in the hope and aim to win, thats the fun of it. I dont play to win, i play to compete!?

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Yep, I know what you're saying as that's the exact reason Lump and I left Reign of Fire last year. I just feel the need to stick it out this time as the team is growing and I believe next year we will have a team that is prepared to do that. And I'd love for us to follow in the footsteps of Charms and show this country that girls really can play ball :cool: :D

p.s. you're welcome to join us, lol ;)
Ah, but as I said very early on in the thread - I'm one of the few that actually admit to being a purely "for fun" player. Can't be naffed to train and tbh at my age & physical condition I probably couldn't cope with training, or even playing, more than about once a month ;)