Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Uk Teams!!

How seriously do you take your paintball?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
If you look at the outcome of the poll, then flip it around you almost get the UK mentality towards paintball.
That's actually not a bad proposition and certainly a lot closer to the truth than the result the poll would tend to suggest.......nice one Myballsyourface!

Hmmm, As I wrote out your sign in name tho , it made me feel kind of uneasy :rolleyes:

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Try and be honest here. Most people PLAY for fun - because most can't be arsed to train.

Practice may not make you perfect - but it goes a long way nearer than sitting on your arse polishing your latest shiny bits (or white bits :p).

Trouble is - training costs money (paint, green fees, travel etc) so not many peeps bother (you can easily spend £50 very quickly). Most people would rather pay that money towards a tournament - and treat that as training.

Fireball was/is a good idea - but travel/membership fees/legality etc still don't help.

The only way 'normal' people can afford to train is to reduce training costs. Something along the lines of £10 fees and paint at £10 a box - then that £50 soon becomes £25 - which means you can train twice as often.

There are other alternatives to paint of course (ReBalls, V-Balls, Laser barrels etc) - but they still cost money - and you still need somewhere to train.

The cheapest 'set-up' I can get at the moment is £300 for a set of 'training' bunkers and £100 for a laser barrel.

So it will cost me £400 just to 'practice' in my own back yard!

But, at least that is a one-off payment.

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
It's OK for close up work - and you can 'correct' your firing angle to account for the drop off of a paintball.

Not ideal I agree - but £100 is four boxes of paint - and it's re-useable.

Here's the link to USA firm that make them. Read the 'review' - looks interesting... http://www.predatorgames.com/

markfenton

Platinum Member
Nov 4, 2005
East Sussex
Ok, one suggestion we have had at D7's is that we do a dedicated day for serious teams/players who can come and train with like minded people and get the most out of they day/hard earned cash. (maybe have afew pros dotted around giving advice (this happens most weekend anyhow but make it more of a feature, easy to speak to pro's)

Then have a fun day at D7's peolpe who want to play, but not take itso seriously, like maybe doing a £25 entry fee per person and we shall run a scratch tourney names in a hat, pull them to 5 /7 man teams and get going and just have a fun day..

what do people think????

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Good idea Mark. In fact, so good, tournament organisers already do it - I believe it's called 'Campaign/Mills' and UKM/PA/SWPL etc.

Remember - there is no such thing as 'build it - they will come'.

It's all down to cost again. As much as some people deny it - cost IS the major factor in UK paintball. And until that cost is reduced considerably - then it's still going to be a 'rich-boys-hobby'.

markfenton

Platinum Member
Nov 4, 2005
East Sussex
The only way 'normal' people can afford to train is to reduce training costs. Something along the lines of £10 fees and paint at £10 a box - then that £50 soon becomes £25 - which means you can train twice as often.QUOTE]

Hi Raffles I hear what you are saying, but at D7's we have a green fee of £15 , that reduces to £10 once you become a regular, trying to get people to come and train alittle more often to up they game.

But paint prices .. thats something else...no money made in paint...maybe £1 - £2.50 per box...but then you got to transport that paint and store it, which costs. so people would be lucky to make anything really, its just sold as a service not as a money spinner, different story if it was a punter site £90+ PER 2000

But hopefully with the like's of Dave and D7's, Markie and NQ and Robbo with his words of wisdom, we might be able to get the UK back on top!!