The Home Of European Paintball

UK University Paintball Championships

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Hello All,

I’ve mainly been organising this over the phone which is why I haven’t posted about this yet, but I thought I might as well put it up in case anyone who i'm not in contact wanted to get a team together from their Uni.

UK University Paintball Championship
- 5-a-side
- Sup'air
- Limited paint, center-flag, format.
- Sat 04/03/06 @ National Paintball Fields
- £75 entry per team
- Own kit allowed, rental kit available for hire.
- Bring your own paint, or available at site for £30 a box.
- Entry deadline Friday 25th Feb

Booking will be direct with the site. Call National Paintball Fields on 0121 3273961. Entry to be paid by deadline to secure places.

The full details of the format for the championships will be announced following consultation with teams. And the schedule will be announced the weekend prior once the entry deadline has passed and the final number of teams is known.

Teams for the championship must be made up of current registered students all from the same higher education institution. (I.e. no graduates, no combined teams.)

A number of teams have enquired about hotel accommodation for Friday and Saturday nights. The plan being to come up the night before on Friday ready for the championships on Saturday, then go out Saturday evening, and travel back on Sunday. I will be speaking to hotels about arranging a discount and will post and email details of this.

I will post a list of teams as entry fees start to come in.

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Originally posted by Ryan(pb alexandria)
have u got a poster or summit mate i could print off and stick up in my uni?
Unfortunately not mate, although it is a good idea. But to be honest i don't reckon i'll have time to knock up anything particularly good. I'll bear it in mind for next year though.

Unless anyone wants to produce something?
Originally posted by Revolt
ryan can i play for glasgow as ill be there in september :p sall good !
Sorry, we are trying to comply with BUSA regulations, which means:
Originally posted by Steve Hancock
Teams for the championship must be made up of current registered students...
Originally posted by Michael Merola
How much is the available kit to hire? a A4 would do, just the 1 i think we need...
An A4, air bottle & electro-hopper and mask is £18.50 to hire.
A tippman, Co2 and shake'n'shoot plus mask is £8.50 to hire.
Birmingham have some spare ions and spyders that we will be willing to rent out. I'll get a price for those tomorrow.

Anyway I'm off to bed. Night all. :)

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Hotels aren't too bad in the NPF area. Sutton coldfield is the nearest town and is about 10 minutes away. there is a travelodge in boldmere and loads of family run hotels in the town.

I should know. i come from there :)

also if there's a leeds team entering let me know :)

Originally posted by Ryan(pb alexandria)
have u got a poster or summit mate i could print off and stick up in my uni?
I'd just started to knock something together after reading that but have come to the conclusion its not really practical.

Each Uni's gona have different contact details/may subsadise(sp) it/charge more and include transport etc......so i did the typical student thing and gave up :D

-EDD