Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UK University Paintball Championships

solsmitch

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
I'm sure the soton uni lads will be down, im the club sec and as soon as its sorted im sure rob will let you know. never played sup-air though, so im sure we'll be slaughtered.

ste

AUPaintSoc

(o)(o)
Jul 19, 2005
Aberdeen
www.abdn.ac.uk
Anyone know if theres a limit on how many teams can be entered?
Aberdeen will definitely bring one, but we can probably manage 3... Seems like as good way as any to introduce people to Sup'Air if ya ask me!

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Originally posted by MattN
Have you had any contact with the BUSA? i.e. possibly sending a rep to this event.
Yes, a number of aspects of the event are designed in line with their guidance for applying for recognition. I'll talk more about this later, but this will be a long process, 2 or 3 years minimum I estimate, so certainly not during my time and perhaps not during many of our time at uni. Still well worth getting started though.

Originally posted by Bunka Monky
Portsmouth uni will be there :)
hows the sign up going so far steve? who we got confirmed? i was gonna ask about marshalls as well how we gonna work it ?
Early day for exact numbers. When the money starts to come in I'll say more. Suffice to say there should be enough to run it this year and possibly enough for 2 divisions. Marshalls will be provided by the site, i have discussed which one with the site and i know that they have sufficient tourney experience for our needs. There won't be any problems there.

Originally posted by Stan
Can i be cheeky and ask you to email the Bath SU President with this info: SUsport@bath.ac.uk

His name is Matt Rayner.

I would do it but we don't see eye to eye on a number of things:D
No probs. Give me a bell i've pm'd you my number.

Originally posted by Michael Merola
Also that e-mail address was actually wrong on the contacts , the ntl one is fine but my personal one is now Beta@four-kings.com - give me a shout on that if needed
Amended accordingly, I'm planning to send out an up dated contact list late this week - early next week.

Originally posted by solsmitch
I'm sure the soton uni lads will be down, im the club sec and as soon as its sorted im sure rob will let you know. never played sup-air though, so im sure we'll be slaughtered.
You won't be the only new players attending. Plus if we do get enough for a second div, you will be playing almost entirely new players - the second teams and the recball clubs that are coming along for their first taste of tourney.

Originally posted by AUPaintSoc
Anyone know if theres a limit on how many teams can be entered?
Aberdeen will definitely bring one, but we can probably manage 3... Seems like as good way as any to introduce people to Sup'Air if ya ask me!
I was thinking of entering 3 but decided i didn't want to flood the line up with multiple teams so will only enter 2, as are Pompey. (Also i wanted to give the rest of you a chance to win some silverware, which wouldn't happen if Brum wins 1st, 2nd & 3rd. :p )

So, I'd prefer to limit it to 2 teams, but that isn't hard and fast so I'll give you a call. If you have the people then it would be a shame not to let them play.

Phew! Apologies if i missed any questions. :)

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Good work on all this Steve. Call me tomorrow afternoon. Have pm'ed number

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
ah **** I knew I should've put more effort into starting a club up here!
I'll see if I can find some uni forum and put it up on there see if theres any interest :)

SpAnKy1000

For hire....
Jun 9, 2005
Lincoln
Hey buddy, Is this strickly UNI only, or can say a City College enter?

Cheer's Spank's

Sorry if this has already been asked, didt see it in any posts.

Michael Merola

bust 3 hoppers in 1 day!
Aug 17, 2004
Milton Keynes / Birmingham
Originally posted by SpAnKy1000
Hey buddy, Is this strickly UNI only, or can say a City College enter?

Cheer's Spank's

Sorry if this has already been asked, didt see it in any posts.
Im not sure, dont quote me on this.

Basically i thought BUSA covered students on the whole e.g. people with NUS cards, so if it did you can play, but i need to double check. Otherwise it will be a no :(

Ill find out for you tommorow if i can,

Mike